Turbo Timers Anyone?

pg

I can't do that the bill goes to DAD! and then I would get in trouble but I would probably get in bigger trouble from my mom. Don't you remember when I got kicked out of my house for stage 1?

What I find works a lot better is a remote start/alarm with a built in turbo timer. You dont need to use a turbo timer much, having it come on every time you shut the car down is annoying. When I want my turbotimer to come on all I do is hit 2 buttons on my remote with the truck running, remove the keys and 2 minutes later it shuts down.

Not to mention its really friggen nice on cold days yo have a remote start.

Originally posted by rl:

What I find works a lot better is a remote start/alarm with a built in turbo timer. You dont need to use a turbo timer much, having it come on every time you shut the car down is annoying. When I want my turbotimer to come on all I do is hit 2 buttons on my remote with the truck running, remove the keys and 2 minutes later it shuts down.

Not to mention its really friggen nice on cold days yo have a remote start.

This man speaks olny the truth.

I am curious about turbo timers. I assume that they just keep the engine running after you shut off the key right, to keep oil flowing to the turbo while it spins down. If that's not the case please inform me as to what they do.

I built as a project yrs ago some timers that would keep headlights on for a specific amount of time after being switched off. Got the ideal when cars started having this feature. Oddly enough it was almost the same circuit that I used for a wiper delay.

I will say that something hand built would NOT have all the cool knobs and buttons that Greedy puts on theirs, but a variable on the timer wouldn't be difficult, and could be mounted out of site for a cleaner interior. If someone that has a turbo timer would be kind enough to let me take a look at the installation instructions and give me a brief explanation of what it does I am betting that I can do the same thing with $20 in parts.

theres already a built in turbo timer in every car it sits in the drivers seat and is sometimes called the driver or operator. seriously though why not just sit in the car for the extra 60 seconds or so. you really only need it after the cars been run hard for normal driving you can just shut it off.

Originally posted by desperado:

I am curious about turbo timers. I assume that they just keep the engine running after you shut off the key right, to keep oil flowing to the turbo while it spins down. If that's not the case please inform me as to what they do.

I built as a project yrs ago some timers that would keep headlights on for a specific amount of time after being switched off. Got the ideal when cars started having this feature. Oddly enough it was almost the same circuit that I used for a wiper delay.

I will say that something hand built would NOT have all the cool knobs and buttons that Greedy puts on theirs, but a variable on the timer wouldn't be difficult, and could be mounted out of site for a cleaner interior. If someone that has a turbo timer would be kind enough to let me take a look at the installation instructions and give me a brief explanation of what it does I am betting that I can do the same thing with $20 in parts.

a good timer will base the length of the cooldown time on how hard you were driving before turning the car off. it will also disable itself if the parking brake is disengaged.

Originally posted by BiG BeN:

a good timer will base the length of the cooldown time on how hard you were driving before turning the car off. it will also disable itself if the parking brake is disengaged.

Ben what turbo timers will do this? Not the parking brake thing though. You know any off-hand? I haven't really looked into any yet.