Custom LS1 Tuning

Billiumss

Hello,

My name is Bill Wright and I have been tuning LS1 F-Bodys for about a year now, most of them have been N/A 6 speeds. I have done a few that are supercharged and also done a few C5 Corvettes. I don't consider myself a Pro and I don't have a shop, I'm just an individual helping people to get affordable LS1 Tuning in the Central Ohio Area.

The Tuning software that I use for all 1998-2002 LS1 F-Bodys is HP Tuner. It is very similar to LS1 Edit and makes the same changes. If you have a C5 Corvette, you will need to have your own editing cable as I don't have it. I use my Sony laptop which has 2 full capacity batteries. Downloading your stock file takes about 3 minutes and uploading only takes 30-35 seconds.

I don't just throw it up on the dyno and tune it, I do Part Throttle Tuning first. We drive around and get a idea how the car is running and check a few readings. After each upload, we have to drive around for about 15 miles to get a good average, especially if you have a more radical set up. After the part throttle tuning is done, then we head over to the dyno shop to tune for WOT. If the weather doesn't cooperate, we can do the Part Throttle Tuning one day and do the WOT Dyno Tuning another day.

The Dyno (Dynotune Motorsports) that I use is on the west side of Columbus, off of West Broad Street, about 2 miles west of I-270.

Full Tune Pricing:

$225.00 for M6 Cars

$250.00 for A4 cars

$100.00 per hour for the dyno; includes wideband O2 and boost sensor if needed

Basic Tuning:

- $25.00 for the 1st change and $10.00 for each additional change

Basic Tunes include some of the following:

- EGR removed

- Fans temps lowered

- Rear O2 removed

- A.I.R. removed

- Rear Gear change

Full Tunes takes anywhere between 2-5 hours.

Basic Tunes takes about 25-45 minutes.

I highly prefer that you have a stock tune in your PCM. If you have a Hypertech, reload you stock tune back in before I make any modifications. If you had your PCM changed by someone else, pricing could change if I have to do "more tweaking" to get it right.

If this is something you are interested in, send me a PM or an email with all of your mods and a good description of your car to: som2001ss@wowway.com