Thumbnail pic code added!

MrMeanGreen

Now, you can post a thumbnail pic of something using the tags {thumb}yourpiclinkhere{/thumb}, where the "{}" are replaced by the "[]" brackets.

This will take any picture big in size, and shrink it down to 400 pixels wide (height will be proportional to the width). It will also make that pic a link so that when the thumbnail is clicked, it will open the picture in it's actual size using a seperate window.

This is just a convenience for those that don't want to have to scroll the page left or right due a huge picture being posted. NWS and 56k warnings still apply, as always.

An example:

http://www.columbuscomputing.com/pics/tabitha.jpg

Post here if you have questions smile.gif

Ooh, good question.

I can find out. However, I do see a problem with using the thumb only as it will make all pics smaller than 400 pixels wide to 400 pixels wide, seriously distorting them. Same applies to sig pics, eyc.

It will take a lot of recoding and hacking since things will start to pile on each other to make other things work. I personally think it best to leave both in place, and moderate anyone using excessive sizes in their sigs or whatnot. The thumb tag is more of a convenience than a requirement, anyways ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Regulate:

Ooh, good question.

I can find out. However, I do see a problem with using the thumb only as it will make all pics smaller than 400 pixels wide to 400 pixels wide, seriously distorting them. Same applies to sig pics, eyc.

It will take a lot of recoding and hacking since things will start to pile on each other to make other things work. I personally think it best to leave both in place, and moderate anyone using excessive sizes in their sigs or whatnot. The thumb tag is more of a convenience than a requirement, anyways ;)

That's an easy answer; the hack has to simply keep the aspect ratio, with a max amount of pixels for height and width. Of course, that's easier said than done.......