Mopar Nationals @ Trails Raceway

Guest OptiCon

Guest OptiCon

Dates: Aug 12,13,and 14

Night spot: Brice road

Hey guys/girls,

My name is Alex and i recently joined your forum (and i'm impressed). I'm coming from PA for this event and wanted to see some of the locals instead of being surrounded by the usual big block mopars waisting their cheap rubber. Not that that isn't fun, it just gets old after about 10 minutes.

I'll be checking out Mr. Geeros If i get down there before 10:00 on Friday, and i'll make it a point to cruise past a few other spots in search of some cool local cars all weekend.

If anybody would care to point me in the direction of a few more places around the Columbus area i should check, it would be much appriciated.

I'm almost done building my white 1992 Dodge Spirit at the moment. Powered by a very capable 16valve 2.2 liter. It will probably look like a wreck this year (peeling paint & faded trim), but should run pretty well (or so i hope).

Thanks, and i look foward to meeting some of you.

- Alex

All of the TD people (and the other FWD Mopars) tend to meet up right in front of the BK on Brice for the cruise. Just look for a huge cluster of black Shadows, seems like we all have one now. I'm not sure about the show itself this year, but I'm going on Saturday myself. If anyone wants to meet up there, just lemme know.

Originally posted by Avenger:

All of the TD people (and the other FWD Mopars) tend to meet up right in front of the BK on Brice for the cruise. Just look for a huge cluster of black Shadows, seems like we all have one now. I'm not sure about the show itself this year, but I'm going on Saturday myself. If anyone wants to meet up there, just lemme know.

i dont have one...

Guest OptiCon

I'm studying maps and remebering previous years, so i think i'll be ok as far as finding my way around (crosses fingers).

Originally posted by Jelloman457:

welcome and good luck with that lotus head. ;)

EX-Shelby Automobile employee Tim Pettijohn (regional parts manager) is helping me with the build (it's his old car). Head was welded with a stronger aluminum alloy, resurfaced, and given the correct sized coolant passages (stops errosion). Also upgraded timing belt tensioner, and installed aluminum core plugs. This car will be my daily driver. :D

Here is some info if anybody is interested...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/802251

Originally posted by Ponti-Yacker:

What part of PA you commin from?? I was born and raised from Pittsburgh...

Other side of the state. Born in Philly raised in it's suburbs (Quakertown area).

Thanks guys, I'm looking forward to meeting you.

Guest bzzzzt
We'll be there in the turbo minivan. Just look for the ugly/gray/paint peeling minivan with the intercooler piping hanging out under the grill. Doesn't look like the glh will be there though....can't seem to make the headlights stay on smile.gif