hittin the Trails this week

Science Abuse

Alum creek park, Mountain biking trails. I figure I'm just going to show up regaurdless, 6:30pm. I'll be at the Phase 1 trail head (where we've been meeting), since my only means of getting there will be riding. If anyone wants to try phase 2...gimme a ride? tongue.gif

[ 08. June 2005, 07:18 AM: Message edited by: The Stig ]

Originally posted by Mr. Wright:

I need a new bottom bracket, ill order one tonight, and this week is finals so i am pretty busy. But i think thursday i may be able to ride.

Forcast calls for rain, but only 30% chance. You've been needing that bracket for a while man. tongue.gif

I need a new bottom bracket, ill order one tonight, and this week is finals so i am pretty busy. But i think thursday i may be able to ride.

Call my buddy at his shop

he may have the part you need

www.agearhigher.com

ask for Rick (hes the owner) tell shawn sent. He will take great care of ya.

Eric NP ill pick you up at your rents house PM me your cell I'll call ya before i stop over.

Originally posted by Joey Tribbiani:

Call my buddy at his shop

he may have the part you need

www.agearhigher.com

ask for Rick (hes the owner) tell shawn sent. He will take great care of ya.

Wen to A Gear higher Yesterday. Good advice, good grey matter, good selection....just mostly outa my price range. ;) I'll be sporting a helmet this time, one that suits me. ;)

Originally posted by The Stig:

Wen to A Gear higher Yesterday. Good advice, good grey matter, good selection....just mostly outa my price range. ;) I'll be sporting a helmet this time, one that suits me. ;)

if you need a decent bike, looked used, ebay ect.

if you need a decent bike, looked used, ebay ect.

been considering that. I've also been considering putting together my own, be it from parts or raw materials. I'm learning alot in my new job, must put it to work. smile.gif I'm pretty dissapointed in the engineering of rear suspension equipped bikes in my price range. OnceI get another bike to ride, I may put the Iron Weasel under the saw/spark and see what I can come up with. ;)

been considering that. I've also been considering putting together my own, be it from parts or raw materials. I'm learning alot in my new job, must put it to work. smile.gif I'm pretty dissapointed in the engineering of rear suspension equipped bikes in my price range. OnceI get another bike to ride, I may put the Iron Weasel under the saw/spark and see what I can come up with. ;)

Full suspension is worthless, crosscountry for life. I just dont like the mush 90% of full suspension bikes.

As for the bottom bracket, well finals this week, and money are beating up on me. But I need to measure the diameter of my BB so I can order one, I might get a new crank as well.

the difference between you and me....is about 40 lbs. tongue.gif A few spots on Phase 2 had me fearin' for my rims. I can get into a new Schwin with dual suspension and decent v brakes for under $300. It even comes ready for discs. More importantly, the shocks are adjustable.

I'm more a fan of the rocker arm style rear suspensions, like this:

http://www.u-rinkan.com/02trek/fuel100rear.jpg

looks stronger, more stable, and a bit stiffer. Y framse just dont look stable.

the difference between you and me....is about 40 lbs. tongue.gif A few spots on Phase 2 had me fearin' for my rims. I can get into a new Schwin with dual suspension and decent v brakes for under $300. It even comes ready for discs. More importantly, the shocks are adjustable.

I'm more a fan of the rocker arm style rear suspensions, like this:

http://www.u-rinkan.com/02trek/fuel100rear.jpg

looks stronger, more stable, and a bit stiffer. Y framse just dont look stable.

That trek in that picture is amazing! My dad has the road version, weighing in around 16 lbs redface.gif . And i like the design on the bike fush posted, less mushy.

I like the added high pivot points of the Fuels rear suspension. It lends some rigitity and stability. Jeffs bike looks ok, from that pic there appears to be some kind of swing link within the frame that helps tie things together.

Thursday is a possibility for me. I rode pretty hard yesterday, and discovered a large, handlebar/phone shaped bruise in my thigh today. tongue.gif Phase one for me though. My endurance is fine, I just ran out of talent on phase 2. tongue.gif

yeah I will be riding phaze 1 again as well.I know the trails better an feel more comfortable there as well. Phaze 2 kicks ass thou if i was in better shape would have been fun. the trail is alot faster plus its twice as techinal as phaze 1. tommorrow when i ride will be going at slower pace to let my body recoupe a bit.

More technical sounds good, if only I wasn't so out of shape I might die. Gotta get worked up to go riding in Vancover again at the end of the summer so I gotta start hitting the trails alot.

Originally posted by Joey Tribbiani:

Its a great trail but it completely kicked my ass.

my thigh is apparently growing me another cell phone. It's about the same size and shape, and hte same shade of dark blue. tongue.gif I'm ready to go again now, but it'd probablypiss off the woman. Cant be bailing immediately after work everyday, not showing up back home 'till 9.

btw; wow, a transmission: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=98083&item=7160592610&rd=1

[ 07. June 2005, 10:12 PM: Message edited by: The Stig ]

Phase one....I havent been there for a while, thats on the south side of the road correct? And phase two the north side? And last time i went the trail was whack, they been working like crazy on that thing. I mean for starting out as an eagle scout project, its gone a little ways.

my thigh is apparently growing me another cell phone. It's about the same size and shape, and hte same shade of dark blue. tongue.gif I'm ready to go again now, but it'd probablypiss off the woman. Cant be bailing immediately after work everyday, not showing up back home 'till 9.

btw; wow, a transmission:

<font size="]" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=98083&item=7160592610&rd=1[/QB]

I dont think there is anywhere in ohio for that type of bike, unless your jumping houses.

I dont think there is anywhere in ohio for that type of bike, unless your jumping houses.

Its a possibility. tongue.gif I was just amazed at the existense of the wee transmission. I wonder if it can be used for shifter carts?

Anyways, anyone want to hit the trail thursday (if weather holds)? Phase 1 is on Lewis Center Rd., about half mile east of Africa Rd.