backpacking this weekend

Casper

http://www.forgottenoh.com/moonville.html

A few of us are going to Moonville down in the Hocking Hills area. Anyone else want to go? Right now it looks like its Howard, Jesse, and I. We're leaving Friday evening and staying at Jesse's aunt & uncle's house. Then Saturday we're heading to Moonville to check out the haunted tunnel and what's left of the town. There are tons of old mines which I hope to find a few. We're staying the night Saturday night and coming home Sunday during the day sometime. You don't really need anything special, just a sleeping bag and food. I'm taking the Blazer so we have plenty of space for stuff.

If you want to join for the whole weekend, very cool. We have plenty of stuff for more people. If you want to come down just for a day, that's cool too. We can probably meet up somewhere or something.

Yes there was a previous post about this, and yes I deleted it. It was pissing me off.

Originally posted by Ich bin der Teufel:

We're leaving Friday evening and staying at Jesse's aunt & uncle's house.

Just so people aren't confused by Ben's mental retardation, it's not a house. It's 20 acres with everything BUT a house, running water, and electricity. We will be camping there that night too.

Originally posted by Trouble Maker:

Just so people aren't confused by Ben's mental retardation, it's not a house. It's 20 acres with everything BUT a house, running water, and electricity. We will be camping there that night too.

sounds like a prime candidate for a multi-day geurilla warefare paintball combat zone. graemlins/thumb.gif

ETA at moonville Saturday? Its actualy on my Ohio Atlas, so is San Toy. I found Millfeild but not the mine. It's not a big town though, so maybe we could find it. Checking out old mines is cool, yet dangerous. When they shut them down, the board up the shafts, and those boards are now overgrown and rotten. If you guys wanna get real retarded, I'll bring my static line, harness, belay and ascenders...oh yeah, helmet and light, too. :D

Originally posted by The Stig:

sounds like a prime candidate for a multi-day geurilla warefare paintball combat zone. graemlins/thumb.gif

ETA at moonville Saturday? Its actualy on my Ohio Atlas, so is San Toy. I found Millfeild but not the mine. It's not a big town though, so maybe we could find it. Checking out old mines is cool, yet dangerous. When they shut them down, the board up the shafts, and those boards are now overgrown and rotten. If you guys wanna get real retarded, I'll bring my static line, harness, belay and ascenders...oh yeah, helmet and light, too. :D

Definitely bring all that stuff. And I'm bringing my badass camera. We're going to have some fun pics to post when we get back. I'd say we'll hit Moonville early afternoon. Jesse, when do you think we'll leave your aunt & uncle's place? Say 1p? Meet in Moonville around 2p? I want to check out some of these mines. Yeah its stupid, but damnit we only live once.

Definitely bring all that stuff. And I'm bringing my badass camera. We're going to have some fun pics to post when we get back. I'd say we'll hit Moonville early afternoon. Jesse, when do you think we'll leave your aunt & uncle's place? Say 1p? Meet in Moonville around 2p? I want to check out some of these mines. Yeah its stupid, but damnit we only live once.

I'm Jesse Stout, and I support this message! graemlins/thumb.gif

Yeah, I'd guess we'd leave around then, I'm sure we can leave whenever we want, just whenever after breakfast.

Too bad my parents are going to be out of town, and definitely taking their digital camera, or I'd take it. redface.gif

I'm sure my Aunt and Uncle would appreciate the extra color and paint ball shells all over their land. redface.gif And by appreciate, I mean hate.

I'm Jesse Stout, and I support this message! graemlins/thumb.gif

Yeah, I'd guess we'd leave around then, I'm sure we can leave whenever we want, just whenever after breakfast.

Too bad my parents are going to be out of town, and definitely taking their digital camera, or I'd take it. redface.gif

quote:

I'm sure my Aunt and Uncle would appreciate the extra color and paint ball shells all over their land. redface.gif And by appreciate, I mean hate. So what you're saying is, we should bring our paintball markers?

;)

Come on guys, the more the merrier. Oh, and I will be getting drunk Saturday night. Maybe a bear will eat me or something.

We should plan another trip down there, or somewhere else close, in a month or two so more people can try and go. Are the weekends generally good for thoes who wanted to go but couldn't go?

Dude, I'd be so down. Weekends are awesome, save for the first weekend of each month. But for this, I don't care, I'd go anyway. smile.gif

I'd get out of the thing this weekend, but it's for Big Jeff, and that's not gonna happen. He's family. smile.gif

I'll bring my rapelling stuff, but I'ma have some safety rules reguarding its uses, especialy if we drop in on a mine shaft. If any one wants to provide a Gri Gri belay, some rules will be loosened. ;) Looks like we may be able to try some stuff out at the tunnel if there's a sturdy enough tree to toprope from. What time you all want to meet up there?

The baby is twice as big as he was at mid ohio, Elena can barely sleep in bed, nevermind on the ground. Also, he has dropped, so she's waddling, and it's realy up to him when he comes out. So, I dont wanna leave her alone, whether we go or not is up to her. smile.gif

Maybe a bear will eat me or something.

No bears, it IS tick season, though. graemlins/thumb.gif

[ 22. June 2005, 06:31 PM: Message edited by: The Stig ]

Eric, please don't take any offense to this. It sounds like it would be a VERY BAD idea for Elena to come out. Honestly, I don't want her out there with the situation as it is (she's way to close if you ask me). If you feel like you can't leave here alone, that's your call. All's I can say is I'm not about to be a mid-wife this weekend. I'll fucking run away into the woods if babies start shooting out of anything. There's a lot I would do for you, but helping with any part of the birthing process of your child because you were too stupid to stay in town isn't one of them.

Let me know if your not going to go, I'd like to borrow some lines and what not if you would be cool with that.

No bears, it IS tick season, though. graemlins/thumb.gif

I don't care who you are, that's funny.

Eric, please don't take any offense to this. It sounds like it would be a VERY BAD idea for Elena to come out.

It's not quite as bad as you think. There's less then a 1% chance of anything happening this weekend, the due date is still almost a full month off. "Dropped" means he's changed position, and is now pointing head down. It puts preasure on the pelvis and makes walking become a waddle. Labor itself can go a few ways, some women don't even know their water broke until they start going into contractions. It's not like the Coneheads movie. If worst comes to worst, she can copa squat against a tree and drop the kid "Blue Lagoon" style. tongue.gif

Besides, the Tunnel isn't realy all that far from the road, less then 1/4 mile from twsp rd 18 via the old RR track bed. You guys may get all up in "the wilds", but we'll be taking it easy. There's nothing all that wild left in ohio anyways. ;)

And you'll still be an hour and a half away from Columbus, and your doctor.

our doctor, but not "a" doctor. She talked to her kooter doc, we're not worried. The deciding factor is her comfort level. We'll be in Lima on sunday for a cousins engagement party. Appriciate the concern though. smile.gif

I wouldn't mind going, but I have to work saturday. Also, there is a bit too much talk about you people shooting fluids at each other.

Eric, I too also think it would be a bad idea to take a very pregnant woman on a hiking/camping trip. Not because she might have the baby this weekend (which is unlikely, but babies are born premature everyday) But because she's carring a near-full grown child inside her, and she's not going to be happy "waddling" around a camp site. nor will she be comfortable sleeping on the ground in a sleeping bag.

Originally posted by The DropTop:

Eric, I too also think it would be a bad idea to take a very pregnant woman on a hiking/camping trip.

Were not. graemlins/nonono.gif Were going to meet you guys at the tunnel. Park the car, walk less then 1/4 mile on a more or less straight line down the old railroad track bed (level ballast, about 10 ft wide). You suckers are going to be doing the hard stuff, we're drving down like yuppies. The nice things about railroad tracks, you pull up the rails, but the bed of ballast remains, and shit dont like growin' there. graemlins/thumb.gif