Edgewater Raceway, 11/20

MrMeanGreen

Some of us are going to Edgewater to race on Saturday, as it's one of the last track days for any Ohio track for the 2004 season.

Racing is from 12pm-5pm, and it's about a 1.5 hour drive from Columbus. The deal:

We're meeting at the Waffle House on Stringtown Rd near I-71 at 9:30am. We will be leaving promptly at 10am, so make sure you're there before then. So far, the list has:

Me

C5 Sam

Evo Andrew

Evo Billy

Tbird Derek

Malibu Marc

DSM Brian

Post here if you plan on meeting up with us so we know who's planning on showing. If for whatever reason, PM me and I'll give you my cell# to call in case something comes up.

For the Eastsiders, I'm leaving this side of town about 8am to go to Galloway to get the Bird on the trailer. If you'd like to cruise up, lemme know and we can meet somewhere.

Thanks smile.gif

I will not be making the journey unfortunately.

I have not had the time or opportunity to get retuned for the lower temps and did experience some detonation last week.

The possibility of breaking my car, and OSU ripping out my heart yet again, really doesn't sit well with me. At least alcohol can numb the pain.....

Originally posted by Rotarded:

I will not be making the journey unfortunately.

I have not had the time or opportunity to get retuned for the lower temps and did experience some detonation last week.

The possibility of breaking my car, and OSU ripping out my heart yet again, really doesn't sit well with me. At least alcohol can numb the pain.....

*highjack* Mike are you going to the game, or tailgating, im looking to get a little rosey cheeked.

Derek, only if I can borrow the rear outta your car :D

Everyone, the rain forecast has been changed to a 20% chance sometime in the evening. It looks like we're good to go.

http://www.weather.com/activities/other/other/weather/tenday-details.html?locid=USOH0197&dayNum=1&from=weekend

My buddy down there will still call me at 8am with the report, and if something changes, I'll post here by 8:15am smile.gif

Guest MlnknprkrM
Well, I am planning on heading down to cinci for this event. Im going down with those from Slowmotion for anyone that knows of these guys. Ill look for some familiar cars and hopefully be able to meet some of you guys. Slowmotion will have the Red EG hatch running 11s, and we still have yet to see how the still-being built integra runs tomorrow. Ill prolly be tool bitch, so look for the young looking kid swapping wheels from car to car. ;) Hope to see everyone there tomorrow!

It still looks like a go. For the Eastsiders, I'm gonna take my car to Chris' tonight, so I'l be up there already tomorrow. Slicks, skinnies, and no front swaybar invite me to drive in the middle of the night where I can go slow and not worry about traffic graemlins/grin2.gif

Other than that, I will see everyone tomorrow morning ;)

It went pretty good. The weather was great, could have been alittle more sunny, but the temps were comfortable and their was no rain untill the way back to Cbus around 7-8 ish.

D-rock got the hang of launching at the track, and got some pretty respectable times.

I just had fun with the car in street trim wooping on mustang cobras (pre SVT) and out trapping STIs smile.gif

The car is where I want it to be, just quick enough to hang with the new generation of speed.

Originally posted by 88TurboTbird:

all cobras are svt, just the 2000's weren't SC'd yet only 03--04

Oh, ok then, pre SCed smile.gif , I figured they would trap with the Mach 1 (107-109), but they only were in the 100-102 range?

Maybe just a fluke?

Originally posted by PMTA:

Yeah, I had an 11.051 the last pass of the day.

Guys, I had a really good time. Wanna hit Dragway 42 next Saturday? Derek, you can practice more on your launching, I see low 14s with some traction smile.gif

Nah, I'm done for the season. Next season though smile.gif

Guest 1QWKEVO
hey sorry i didnt make it, the evo didnt get done in time so i stayed on campus and drank a lot, watched the game and drank some more....isnt it gettin too cold to race? where is this dragway 42 at?