Is the Confederate flag racist?

Casper

The Confederate flag flying over the Confederate memorial in Florida is...  

35 members have voted

1. 1. The Confederate flag flying over the Confederate memorial in Florida is...

• Its racist
    • Its American heritage
    • Don't know

Someone posted about the Dukes of Hazard. The General Lee has a Confederate flag painted on it, but the NAACP didn't try to boycott it.

Dukes of Hazzard was ealry 80's. Political correctness had not taken root 25 years ago. If they tried that from scratch now, not including the remakes, 'cause the General Lee had already been established, I think they'd encounter one SOB Al Sharpton among others....Especially if there was money for him to make by "being offended"

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see this thread going down the tubes shortly just as similar ones have. Do yourself a favor and just lock it now. Link the other forum and let people comment on there if they want... Why drag mud into your own home. I guess more accurately said.. Dont shit where you eat.

Have faith in people. As long as NinjaNick doesn't post in here, we should be good. :lol:

Seriously though, this topic is about racism. Its in this specific context, is the Confederate flag racist. There are no right or wrong answers, just opinions.

Those Dublin/Hilliard fuckers dressing up like cowboys and going to Nyohs wearing fucking Confederate flag belt buckles are complete asshats. In this context, I see it as ignorant and racist.

:wtf: There are hillbillies in Dublin? And WTF is Nyohs?

Have faith in people. As long as NinjaNick doesn't post in here, we should be good. :lol:

Seriously though, this topic is about racism. Its in this specific context, is the Confederate flag racist. There are no right or wrong answers, just opinions.

It IS possible to have a discussion, even with different opinions, and not have it turn into :flingpoo::bitchfight::boxing:

And :lol: at the NN comment!

How does this relate to motorcycles?????? or riding them?????? or working on them???

It doesn't, that's why its in the "Off Topic" forum, in the "Time Wasters" category.

I like to keep up on current events. This is a current event, as posted on CNN.com. No big deal, you don't have to participate in this discussion if you don't want to.

Interesting first post though...

As everyone else has said it all depends on the circumstances. When it comes to the confederate memorial i believe it is a part of american heritage and a part of one of the most important times in our countries history so let it be.

In most situations at least most situations where im from it is a bunch of retard redneck hillbilly assholes that are trying to look like bad asses.

However in my high school they banned all images of the confederate flag, if you had one on your vehicle you had to take it off when on school grounds. A few kids had tattoo's that involved the flag and they had to cover them up when at school. I thought it was complete and total bullshit, even though it didnt effect me i still though it was a huge violation of freedom of speech.

Wether anyone likes it or not the flag is as much a part of American history as the Civil war is.

People now a days use it for many reasons, there are those that display it just to get a rise out of others ie racism.

Then there are those that know their family history and have is as a symbol of that history.

Then you just have the group of people that see it as a symbol of being a rebel and opposing those in positions of power, it is more of a statment of their feelings than haveing anyting to do with racism.

A few kids had tattoo's that involved the flag and they had to cover them up when at school. I thought it was complete and total bullshit, even though it didnt effect me i still though it was a huge violation of freedom of speech.

WOW, kids at your school had tats? I must be old. You would have been chucked out at my HS if you had a visible tatoo, no matter what it was.

my school was a huge redneck school so a lot of ppl had tats and quite a few of them were "home made" i guess you could say. My school was so hillbilly that we actually had a "DRIVE YOUR TRACTOR TO SCHOOL DAY"

Does that give you an idea of how redneck my school was?

my school was a huge redneck school so a lot of ppl had tats and quite a few of them were "home made" i guess you could say. My school was so hillbilly that we actually had a "DRIVE YOUR TRACTOR TO SCHOOL DAY"

Does that give you an idea of how redneck my school was?

:lol: WOW. Did you have a "My sister kisses better than your sister" contest?

:lol: WOW. Did you have a "My sister kisses better than your sister" contest?

Haha. thats funny. Buckeye Lake (think thats the name) has a drive your tractor to school day. Funny shit. Some kids wake up HOURS early to get there on time :lol: