National Trails Raceway = slippery

Akula

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dave hart

I remember when NHRA bought the track from the Rader(sp?) brothers. The rumor was that NHRA was going to pull the national event if one of two things didn't happen.

1) Rader Brothers invest significant capital to improve the facility to NHRA standards.

2)Rader Brothers sell the Facility to NHRA.

My Dad and I were excited when the sale went through, we figured that we were in a for a real treat the next year. I think that the track has actually gotten worse under NHRA ownership. The bulk of the track improvements went into the high dollar kiss ass executive tower. All the big shots can watch the National event in a cozy air-conditioned, sound reduced,lazy boy seating comfortable private room. BFD. Even at IRP, the best of the best, crown jewel of the NHRA, the track officials are rude and the facilities are dirty and outdated (except for VIP). I can't comment on IRP track bite, it has been 9 years since I raced there (in a 15 second Dodge Shadow).

If I lived in Pataskala and had free entry to NTR, I would trailer my car two hours north to THE best track and racing facility in Ohio, Norwalk. I will not race any car, other than my shadow, at NTR. I do not trust the track prep with the safety of my equipment or my life. Also, I am getting pretty damn tired of paying $20 or more to go watch NMRA, NMCA, or any other event that attracts a lot of 9sec and faster cars, and see skilled drivers with awesome machines shutdown early or get out of shape and wreck due to a terrible track surface and zero prep.

NTR could be an awesome facility. Akula said it best when he wrote that Bill Bader needs to be hired as consulting general manager.

I was there friday night... the people working there were exceptionally rude and the track was insainely slick... They did do one thing that was positive... a car blew it's engine all over the track, they spent almost an hour cleaning it up and then only let the people in the staging lanes finish then closed down for the night because of it.

Well, we got a reply from trails on the letter. Basically it said we are stupid and don't understand racing or track prep.

One good thing came out of it, I will never go there again, so that is one less car in the staging lanes for everyone to wait for.

If we race at all next year, it will be at pacemakers, or maybe the old IHRA div 3 route.

Originally posted by Akula:

Well, we got a reply from trails on the letter. Basically it said we are stupid and don't understand racing or track prep.

One good thing came out of it, I will never go there again, so that is one less car in the staging lanes for everyone to wait for.

If we race at all next year, it will be at pacemakers, or maybe the old IHRA div 3 route.

did you expect anything else from them?

Guest dave hart
Originally posted by Burst Knock:

Dave, where the fuck did you come from? It's been a LONG while :D

Welcome back smile.gif

Anthony, What up.

I have been gone for awhile. For a long time I couldn't log onto the site. I figured you guys were getting harrassed by the CPD.

Man, that firebird has gotten QUICK since I last checked in. I'll be around.

If you have been following the Pro Stock Truck Association's law suit with NHRA you would know that NHRA was trying to give the PSTA National Trail Raceway. But did you know they also tried to give them IRP?

This article is pretty good. I think PSTA is going to bankrupt NHRA, maybe then we can get together and buy trails and fix it.

http://www.competitionplus.com/2004_09_15/pro_stock_truck.html

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 72novaSS
trail's is a joke. everytime i go there i ask myself why i even bothered coming to this sorry excuse for a track and everytime i go there i am treated like dirt. for example,this year i made the mistake of going there for the super chevy show instead of going to norwalk. i was in my truck pulling my car in on the trailer and my friend came with me but was driving his eclipse in since there were already 3 other people in my truck. i pulled up to pay for the weekend racing i was planiing on doing during the weekend and i explained that the car behind me was people who were part of my crew. the lady thentold me that the car was not allowed in b/c it was not a chevy or chevy powered. i tried to stay calm and told her that the car would not be racing or be in the show but she told me that it was still not allowed in because the car was not a chevy. i began to lose my temper and pointed up to the hill on the right as you pull in and told her that there were non-chevy cars in there parked next to the teams they were helping out. the lady told me that she wouldn't have let them in and someone else must have done it. i was now very aggravated and gave her a few choice words. so my friend had to pay the extra 10 bucks to park in the grass for the day. after i got my car unloaded i went down to tech for inspection which turned out to be another attempt to try and piss me off as much as possible. the guy started looking over my car and gets to my seat belts, now my car only runs 12.40's, but i have 5 point harnesses in it for looks which are outdated by about 4 years. however i knew that the rule was 11.99's and quicker are required to have up to date belts. (i have problems with this everytime i go here.) so the guy tried to tell me i couldn't race at all but i told him to look at the rule book and he would see that he was wrong. again he told me that i was wrong and he decided to call up to the tower to prove me wrong the guy calls back from the tower and says that i am good to go. so now that guy must really feel like an ass and he tries appologizing to me. he then doesn't check anything else on my car such as a drive shaft loop, the guard for my fuel cell, my helmet, etc. and signs off on my car, showing their real concern for safety. this is just one time that i have had a bad expeience at this track. trails is a far far cry from tracks like norwalk or edgewater where you are treated like royalty by the staff. i also agree that the traction there is terrible. they have redone that track quite a few times and it never gets better but norwalk really hasn't changed since they first layed it and it still hooks as good as it did on day one. i'm not sure what but i think something needs to be done with this track. i think someone should write a letter and everyone from CR should sign it, kind of like a patition and see if anything happens. i doubt anything will but could be worth a try.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest racerh373
Originally posted by way fast whitey:

the guy started looking over my car and gets to my seat belts, now my car only runs 12.40's, but i have 5 point harnesses in it for looks which are outdated by about 4 years. however i knew that the rule was 11.99's and quicker are required to have up to date belts. (i have problems with this everytime i go here.) so the guy tried to tell me i couldn't race at all but i told him to look at the rule book and he would see that he was wrong.

rule is that u have to update belts every 2 years no matter what u are running when u put them in that is the rule no e.t. the othere thing is if u have a roll bar in u put 5 ways in and again its every 2 years.

maybe its just me, or just the fact that my cars are slow smile.gif , but trails has had better grip for me than anywhere else ive been. I mean, after the first 50 or 60 feet traction isnt really an issue for me but the line there has always been sticky.