road racing fun

Guest aftermidnight

Guest aftermidnight
this is just a heads up but this year i'll be running NASA's American Iron series with my camaro. i'll update progress with pics, vids, and write ups of the series, tracks, and how well or crappy i did. also, i'm open to people going and helping out if they choose. bbq's at every race for my team and what not. i hope it's a fun experience and like i said, if anyone wants to go and watch, help, or whatever, just let me know. thanks.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest aftermidnight
mid-ohio, nelson ledges, putnam park(indiana), gingerman raceway(michigan), beaverun(pennsylvania), and waterford hills(michigan) are the tracks we'll be at this year.

Guest aftermidnight
thats cool. i wonder who else on here is doing any ohio/indiana chapter nasa racing events this year. we could make it like the columbus racing mafia with like 10 cars rolling in together and helping each other out. graemlins/thumb.gif

Hey Pat, I will be at Mid-Ohio for sure April 1-3. I will be helping out with a couple of other cars. 71 Porsche, 89 Saleen and driving a 91 300ZX. Stop by garage 9 and introduce yourself. It never hurt to have a couple extra hands. I will also be working the Pit/Grid. Therefore look for the guys driving in the "whites". Should be a fun year.

Originally posted by doggunracing:

I think Eric (Tenzig) is racing his Cougar in that this year.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ;)

It runs consistenly in the mid-low 1:40s on the club course as is, but I need to make it legal for competiotion and get the 3speed AOD out of it. Dunno if it'll make this season, I just got hit with a financial bombshell.

Guest aftermidnight
Originally posted by recklessOP:

hey pat, you should post this on trackaddicts. haven't seen you post in a while... smile.gif

good luck!

not a bad idea.....

Have you looked at American V8 Super Car Series racing? www.av8ss.com

It's a neat series (with prize money). They are working with www.frrax.com to promote the series and they want more GM cars (they have too many mustangs and they are pushing for GM entries). I think you'll be legal for both. Just thought I'd pass it along.

Oddly, this is posted under a frined of a freinds screen name that is not mine.

Have you looked at American V8 Super Car Series racing? www.av8ss.com

It's a neat series (with prize money). They are working with www.frrax.com to promote the series and they want more GM cars (they have too many mustangs and they are pushing for GM entries). I think you'll be legal for both. Just thought I'd pass it along.

Now posting as me.

Guest aftermidnight

yeah, i have been looking into the v-8 super car series and it does seem like a neat deal. if i go that route, i am going to be pursuing a sponser to help out with travel and lodging for the different venues. the cool part with the series is the media coverage that goes with it. all the races in grassroots motorsports magazine and i heard rumors of maybe a spot on speed channel, too.

i been tossing around the idea of looking for more gm guys to hook-up with to have a team-like atmosphere for test and tune, extra hands of help for everyone, and communication.

Hello Gents,

Brion Gluck from American V-8 Supercars (AV8SS) here. I just want to take a moment to invite you and all your friends to our event at Nashville Superspeedway in April (16/17). I really do need your help to get the word out there. We will be having an open track event in addition to the racing. The cost is $350.00 for the weekend but if you tell me you saw this thread I am offering the weekend for $300.00 for either the racing OR open track. We will have plenty of track time available. Drop me or Dan a line if you have any question at learpilot@gmail.com or Dans@av8ss.com or call me at (757) 561-1110.

Hope to see you at the track.............................Brion

Guest aftermidnight

Hey Brion,

Thanks for posting about Nashville, I hope it's a great event and more and more people find out whats going on this year. Good luck with everything and if you need help, let me know. Thanks.

Patrick Mead

Aftermidnight Motorsports

• 4 weeks later...
Guest FastSaleen

Hey, Pat - I'm one of the guys that JCPCPA is talking about. He is sharing garage #9 with me. Stop by and we can have some fun. Are you only going to do the Ohio-Indiana schedule? I'm doing both OH-IN and the Midwest schedule. We're going to Road America in April - right after Mid-Ohio.

BTW, Jeff - it's a 1988 Saleen smile.gif

Guest FastSaleen
Originally posted by Tenzig:

I had a hard time finding a series that would let the uber superior MN12 run in it. Front engine, RWD domestic, but it seems all mu'fuggas want is mustangs and F bodies, NASA hadto amend AI rules to let us in. Will that series allow my v8 RWD IRS Domestic?

Eric, NASA started the American Iron Series to be a head to head compitition of Camaros, Mustangs, and Firebirds. They are more than happy to ammend the rules to allow other 'American' cars in - as long as they maintain a 9.5:1 weight to power ratio. If you get too much power, you will be moved to AIX - and be prepared to spend lots of money for that. Last year there was an alcohol burning Mustang in AIX. The Ohio-Indiana region director will be racing one of the old 'super coupes' - a super-charged 92 T'bird. I have also seen a Impala SS listed as being a racer in the Midwest Region. If you bring it - they will figure out a way to race it.

Guest FastSaleen

Here is the Ohio-Indiana & Midwest NASA schedule. For those that don't now about it, anyone can drive at these events - just join NASA and sign up for the HPDE program. Your previous experience will be used for NASA to determine where you start in HPDE.

Ohio-Indiana

------------

4/1-3 Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, Lexington OH

5/21-22 Putnam Park Road Course, Mt.Meridian IN

6/11-12 BeaveRun Motorsports Complex, Wampum PA

7/16-17 Gingerman Raceway, South Haven MI

8/13-14 Waterford Hills, Detroit MI

9/2-4 BeaveRun Motorsports Complex, Wampum PA

10/8-9 Putnam Park Road Course, Mt.Meridian IN (combined with MW)

Midwest

-------

4/8-10 Road America, Elhart Lake WI

6/3-5 Autobahn Country Club, Joliet, IL

6/25-26 Blackhawk Farms, Rockton, IL

7/9-10 Autobahn Country Club, Joliet, IL

9/24-25 Mid America Motorplex, Pacific Junction IA

10/8-9 Putnam Park Road Course, Mt.Meridian IN (combined with OH-IN)

I am one of the Ohio-Indiana and Midwest Region NASA 'hard carded' officials. I am Co-Chief of Pit & Grid and I am the region's Chief Pace Car Driver. Look for the Dark Gray Metalic Saleen with the number 188 on the doors at any of these tracks to find me. Or look for my gray Airstream 190 motorhome (really a converted van with a raised roof, but Airstream makes such a nice conversion). I can always use someone shotgun in the pace car and I give rides 'at speed' in the Saleen.