bogey at 1 o clock

Guest ClemRacing

Guest ClemRacing
hey. I live in dublin and recently installed the K40 system on my car...yes the laser defuser! Just thought you guys would like to know this. IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At 1 o clock on 315 north like a mile from the 270 on ramp...couple of states running radar. one is angled to go and retrieve the speeders. I am going 112 in my Grand prix for more than half the distance of 315. Allof a sudden my warning light comes on along with my radar detector and then my K40 activates. I pass the cops zzzzzooooommmm. I could see the cop shake his head when he looked at the gun. I love this thing. I also have an active radar jammer. I am anti cop right now...lol. Anyways watch out for 315 at 1am.

Guest ClemRacing
dont rule out the cavy man. My friends cavy has some nice stuff doen to the engine.....still not fast but they are nice cars!!! very reliable!!! I need to put it on my TA. I have gotten it up to 140 on my speedometer. but that is as high as it goes. I need better gauges.

Guest ClemRacing
its a GM. itll last forever. I have a friend where I work. he has a 95 with 235,000 on it. I have done all the oil changes on it. it runs like a top. it does not burn any oil, which is very suprising for how hard he drives it.

well, we replaced a head gasket, which is common for the 90's cavys i guess..the heating core also went out..we only paid 1600 for it when we bought it, but we put new tires on it and fixed it up a little bit..so i guess yuo could say ive got my moneys worth out of it

Guest ClemRacing

The diffuser wirks like this: When the cop shoots the laser at your license plate, The diffuser which is over the plate automatically bounces the laser off the road. thus making the gun register zero. and if yours doesnt work, K40 will pay for your ticket. But everyone that I know that has one, has never recieved a ticket. This system ONLY protects you against laser. you'll need an active jammer for the radar.

Why are you laughing at what I said about GM?

Guest nevarmore

What happens when the cops see you blow by, pull out and follow you, then write you a ticket based on pace? If he had to get up to XXX mph to catch you then you can get a ticket for damn near XXX mph. It's also up to the officer's opinion of the situation to hand out Reckless Op tickets too, they are easier to fight than a speeding ticket, but still a PITA.

I think I'll hold off trusting a bit of plastic to keep my ass ticketless.

I had this notion that any jammers are illegal in this state...so I don't know what kind of fine you'd incur there, but by all means proceed at your own risk...

Well, in addition to a reckless op being 20+ mph over the speed limit, which will NOT be easy to fight in court, I guarantee it, you could get a potential criminal speed violation, or so I have heard. In any case, if they had decided to chase you, they would most likely have arrested you because they are allowed to estimate speed based on how fast they have to go to catch you. Be smart and more importantly, safe :rolleyes:

The plate things are junk, all the cop has to do is POINT THE LASER AT A DIFFERENT PART OF YOUR CAR! Also, thanks to the fact that the laser beam spreads, at 700 feet (the range that most cops train to use the gun at), the laser is wider than a license plate.

Active jammers are not just illegal in Ohio, they fall under FCC regulations concerning licensing of RF and microwave transmitters. You get caught with one, you could get a $10,000 fine and do time in the federal pen.

Guest zalaj

Active radar jammers are illegal, but the laser jammers are perfectly legal... Radar falls under FCC jurisdiction while Laser is under the FDA's capable hands... and since the FDA has no laws regulating the use of laser(for police or for civilians) we can possess a nifty device like the K40 and not go to hell for it....

-C-

Originally posted by 99 TA:

If the cops point at the front plate, I don't have one. It's free. :D Unless they pull me over for not having one then I can just use my special get out of jail free card. :D

I got one too, on my license plates and in my wallet :D Anthony has one too :cool: They work.

Originally posted by Sapper 12B(master of sickness):

I got one too, on my license plates and in my wallet :D Anthony has one too :cool: They work.

Not on OSP though. :( After my brother went through the academy there he said they don't really give a shit who you are if you break the law.

Originally posted by buelliganx1:

hey sapper 12b you dont happen to work out at rickenbacker do you? I saw a camaro that looked alot like yours out here tonight.

Supposed to work at Rickenbacker, my unit is stationed there. 98BLUZ is on my tags and says national guard on it, that's me :D

Yep thats you I saw out by the ecp talkin to an s.p. I'm one of the few night-shift crewchiefs that work out here, you'll see me in either my all black 90 240sx, green 98 dakota thats lowered and has R/T rims on it or on my bright yellow 2000 Buell x-1. Too bad the have the road that goes to the fireing range closed off, there aint no speed traps out there. :D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Silvrbmw1
i don't think dude up top meant to get shot w/ laser goin 112. it's one of those "accidental" things that happens to a fella, or me everytime i hit 270!