rear suspension mod....torque arm issues

Guest aftermidnight

Guest aftermidnight

i'm thinking of doing like a track pack kit for my 89. i fabbed and installed my own sfc's out of 2"x2" square steel. i love how it turned out. my deal is i'm running a super t-10 and the torque arm doesn't hook up. i already have the crossmember made. i'm thinking of fabbing a crossmember to weld in between my sfc's and channeling it in the floor and incorporating it into the roll cage. this way when the rear end tries to move up, it'll lift the rear of the car and help plant the rear tires.

or........

would it be a good idea to make mounts in the car and add two upper control arms to the pumpkin and make a four link. either way i'll have to do some floor modifying and some channeling. this is something easy for me with my skills and to be frank, i love to fabricate and try new things....it's how i learn and how i try and take the best of many designs from other places and incorporate it into one car.

if it was your car, what would be the route you would go? graemlins/thumb.gif

Guest aftermidnight
i agree with what you said, however, i'm trying to stay with the stock layout to somewhat fall into the class rules for racing. i want to tube chassis it,but then i get pushed into gt1 or 2 and those f-er's are a whole new animal with lots more power and a lot less weight. i'm thinking of a step over stock set-up i could do and it also opens up alot of room in the driveshaft tunnel for dual 3" exhaust to go so i don't keep smashing my exhaust because of the lousy ground clearance. i am looking into a 12-bolt to put in it and rid myself of the 3rd gen rear. (i'll just swap brackets and jig the new rear and weld the brackets on it.) you do have a great idea, i just wish i could do it and stay legal..... graemlins/thumb.gif