Took a trip to the dyno today...

Sam1647545489

Originally posted by The Vette:

Excatly.... :rolleyes:

Nice numbers, but something doesn't add up. You trapped 126 last week, correct? You should be more than that for that trap speed, if I can use some common sense.

I'm being serious too people, so no flaming. I know there's a lot of varibles when using spray, and I'm wondering if the 225 isn't enough for your fuel system, wet kit or not.

Did you use the wideband on it?

Anthony I know some stuff doesnt add up, but I just added the 2nd stage this week. I ran the 200 jets in the nozzle but it was maxing out the NOS nozzle so I had to go with a 2nd stage to run more, plus this way all the nitrous isnt comin on at one time. The fuel system seems to be ok, it ran 11.2 a/f on the spray so everything seemed ok. I know this thing really pulls hard now when the second stage come on.... :eek: = me

Originally posted by The Vette:

Thanks DJ, hey you gotta let me know what I need to bring to our rally race, I.E helmet and what not...

rofl.

welp, first off, your bottles not going to do you much good.

they have loaner helmets at the track, so you dont need one of those.

might just want to bring the taco bell. :D

[ 15. August 2004, 02:30 AM: Message edited by: Orion ]

Ok, that makes more sense. Did you keep the same kit and just add the 2nd stage in addition, or upgrade totally to a new kit and/or bigger solenoids?

I'd like to see your dyno sheet, it sounds like you're moving in the right direction. As a matter of fact, I've never heard of anyone running anything higher than a 175 shot of spray on a bone stock LS1. I'm wondering seriously if you might be holding some type of record?

Originally posted by N/A Again:

Ok, that makes more sense. Did you keep the same kit and just add the 2nd stage in addition, or upgrade totally to a new kit and/or bigger solenoids?

I'd like to see your dyno sheet, it sounds like you're moving in the right direction. As a matter of fact, I've never heard of anyone running anything higher than a 175 shot of spray on a bone stock LS1. I'm wondering seriously if you might be holding some type of record?

I was thinking the same, didn't Reckless's car come apart with a 200 shot?

Originally posted by gillbot:

Ok, I'm gonna try this again, and see if the post actually shows up. First off, I believe there's a guy on ls1tech that's been running a 180 shot, so he claims, for a very long time. His seems to be holding up, but he's not running that extra 50 you are. Second, Congrats Sam. My engine's for sale when you pop yours. smile.gif I has a nasty lope to it. smile.gif

Originally posted by gillbot:

Yeah, Todd's engine popped I believe on the first try with the 200 shot. However, he'd also been running a big turbo setup prior to that, so the engine was stressed as it was.

How many miles on the clock, Sam? I think I'm gonna do some searching on LS1Tech about this situation. I'm starting to believe that Sam may actually hold the record for stock engine nitrous setups smile.gif

Heres what I did. I used the same setup that I had on the car. Which was the NX soleniods. Still had my old NOs stuff, ghetto hooked it just for the dyno to see what would it do. Had a Nx 4 pronged fogger that flowed a 400 shot at max. The hook up on the second stage trust me was really quick and very ghetto licuous. That is why I gotta take it off this week decide if I wanna keep it on and hook it up nicely. The thing that is questionable on keeping the second stage is that the motor is starting to get loose. What I mean by that is that I picked up 15rwhp from the last dyno time just on the motor, no spray. So that tells me that things are opening up in the motor and thats not good. So now I am stuck here on what to do. Should I keep it in there and dont worry about the motor since it will be goin to LPE in 3 months and risk not being able to drive the car for awhile or leave the 150 shot in remove the 2nd stage try to ride the motor out until its shipped off and save what I got... As far as records I dunno, I have saw a guy run a 225 shot on the stock motor at the track somewhere in the west coast and run a 11.03 or something so, the motor is capable of holding that as long as fuel mixture is right but it was a scary feeling getting ready to hit that 2nd stage...