irotors.com

zeitgeist57

Guest doggunracing
Originally posted by Beer Guy:

Lol. King Racer Retard doesn't want to play with us :( .

[mEaNR]In autocross, all the wicked fast Z24's are running cross-drilled, neon-lighted rotors. You guys don't realize, I was born to race!!!1!![/mEaNR]

Originally posted by Matt Sterbator:

I will prove you wrong at Ledges this year graemlins/nod.gif

You were alot of the same talk last year. I don’t want to see you talking about it this year, just come and race. And we don’t need the ‘I’ll show you how great me and my car are’ attitude either; it will get people hurt on a road course.

With the HP you have, you might be able to see 160, 170 at that track... I wouldn't trust my stock brakes period if I were you on that track. Either that or just don't reach maximum speed on the really fast straights, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Blanks>>*

Originally posted by Shitaro:

I know this might sound like a stupid question... but if drilled and slotted is such a bad idea, why does most serious sports cars come with them standard (new Z06, Porche, etc...)? I can't believe it would be austetics(sp?) only

porsche rotors crack too... ;)

the rotors (probably) won't explode the first time you lean on the brakes, but drilled rotors are FAR more likely to crack in the long run. what little you gain from drilling them doesn't justify the risks.

for street (light duty) use, it's less of a problem...

Originally posted by Beer Guy:

Why do race cars not have drilled or slotted?

quoted for great justice.

you'll still see them (slots mostly, which are less of a concern) on certain race cars. keep in mind, most race cars get their brakes torn down, inspected, and serviced every race.

Originally posted by recklessOP:

porsche rotors crack too... ;)

the rotors (probably) won't explode the first time you lean on the brakes, but drilled rotors are FAR more likely to crack in the long run. what little you gain from drilling them doesn't justify the risks.

for street (light duty) use, it's less of a problem...

Newer Porsche rotors have the holes casted into to them when they are being made. THey are not drilled after the rotor was made so they hold up pretty well compared to regular drilled rotors.

Originally posted by Doug:

Newer Porsche rotors have the holes casted into to them when they are being made. THey are not drilled after the rotor was made so they hold up pretty well compared to regular drilled rotors.

this is true, but 90% of those porsche owners dont track there cars to relieze those holes do them no good to "cool" their brakes.

keep your factory rotors.

a good set of ceramic or heavy duty carbon pads will do far more to reduce brakefade than a drilled rotor.

if you really want to put money in your brakes see if you can run a larger diamater rotor on your factory spindle or if they ofer an upgrade caliper.

thats my 2 pennies

Originally posted by B:

this is true, but 90% of those porsche owners dont track there cars to relieze those holes do them no good to "cool" their brakes.

Yeah most of the hardcore Porsche track guys will switch to blanks or slotted anyway. The main reason Porcshe cross "drills" them is for weight savings not for cooling.

Originally posted by SupraGlue:

Cross-drilled rotors make the Firebird go zooom! (Just like the teal wire loom covers, the clear corner lights and the "Supercharged!" sticker) graemlins/gay.gif

graemlins/grin2.gif

You liked driving it on 161 last year. And the look on your face when you went WOT was priceless graemlins/grin2.gif

That was 8psi, imagine how it feels now at 12psi ;)