Armor-all REPLACEMENT!

zeitgeist57

Please recommend a product like Armor-All that will help the interior plastic surfaces look shiny and wet while protecting them from cracking and age-related damage.

Armor-All sucks :( looks terrible. I used a spray similar to it, and it performed much better. I can't remember what I used, but I DO know that pretty much anything is going to be better than Armor-All. Please help!

Guest Tony_K
"303" --UV protectant only, water based. Downside is that it evaporates and leaves a film on windshield. I'm not to crazy about it, but I don't want to put anything oily on the plastic/vynil.

As a detailer I suppose that I feel qualified to answer this question.

303 Aerospace protectant is probably the best stuff out there if you want protection for your dash. I don't use anything else. BUT yes it's waterbased and doesn't last as long as the others BUT the positive aspects to this product FAR outweight the negatives. Biggest negative is that you cannot get it locally...at least not that I can find. You can get it through all major detailing distributers on the 'net though.

Andy

P.S. No matter what you choose...PLEASE stop using Armor-All. If you want to use something good that you can get locally get Lexol products (passen and other high end automotive places should have them). I detailed a Ferrari 348 that the owner used Armor-All on since it was new. The dash vents had to be replaced this year because the Armor-All had caused them to physically decompose. If you touched any of the plastic in the vehicle that Armor-All was used on you would come away with a black residue on your finger and leave a finger print in the plastic. Cost the poor guy over 1000 in parts alone just for plastic dash vents.

NOW it could be argued that this was just some cheap plastic that the Italians used in their cars BUT with all of the Negatives that I've heard about Armor-All it's your best bet to just stay away.