Is there any good buy here pay here car lots aroun???

CJINOHIO03

Tell your friend "don't do it".

They should do themselves a favor and avoid buy here pay here places like the plague. JD Byrider is pretty much one of those, and for what I have to pay after all the interest and their over 100% markup on my Neon, I should be getting *12* Neons (Didn't know better at the time, but getting fucked over will make you start to care about what you drive, and what it's worth), and it only got really reliable after having the engine swapped (which was needed because of something that was my fault, but I think they just sold me a car with a shitty engine in it, because it had nothing but problems with the engine up until I killed it). If the payment is even a day late because of the mail delivery just being slow, they like to call when I've told them about 20 times not to call because I'm asleep, and next time they do it, I'm going to start quoting the fair debt collection practices act to them over the phone. (http://www.ftc.gov/os/statutes/fdcpa/fdcpact.htm#805). I've tried to get them to let me use one of their local offices to let me drop off payments, and they outright refuse to, they want it at the Maumee office, the ones in Columbus aren't good enough despite being branches of the exact same company.

A couple months after I got the damn thing, it took them an entire month to correctly replace a head gasket, and they INSISTED that there was nothing wrong whatsoever with the cam sensor, which had gotten *soaked* with oil due to the oil leak. The original engine didn't run right even after the new head gasket was put in until I just had a friend replace it for me. Then all of a sudden, guess what? It ran fine. They constantly left things *disconnected* and tried even making *cuts* in electrical wires to make them go bad from the vibrations of the car so that I'd end up paying them more to service it again, which is why I refuse to have anything to do with them other then meeting the contractual obligations to which I am bound. I *seriously* hope they try to call me when the loan is paid off to try to get me to buy another one of their broken piles. I could use the laugh.

If your friend's credit sucks, They would be better off buying a beater from a classified ad at Meijer or in The Other Paper that isn't about to die or something, and working somewhere that offers unlimited overtime (like Calltech does on the Verizon project) to save up for a decent car they can buy in cash. Way I see it, first I'm going to buy a 2nd car to drive on the side, as I've outgrown the little automatic SOHC Neon I've got, then continue the OT to get them the hell outta my life. Buy-here-pay-here = Bad idea.

Though I agree with earlier comments --- if he has to visit a buy here pay here / tell him to go to Livingston Ave about a 1/4 mile west of interchange of Livingston & Hamilton Rd. Visit Express Auto, cars that run & they have good mechanic --- smile.gif