Select Comp is gone??

nismo

Originally posted by Ricochet:

V8 hillbillies don't have cameras and all that fancy city boy stuff to post their slips though :D

+1,

You still up for running this Friday or weekend? Theres no spot up for grabs but I'd still like to run with ya.

Originally posted by Evil Peter:

anyone know of any other columbus or ohio racing sites that a 4-banger friendly?

Psss:

Look around this site is quite friendly!

I didn't see any restrictions posted in the "track section".

Feel free to submit your slip and get on the list!

Originally posted by Ricochet:

I'll be there, my car is all nice and fixed

Glad to hear she's fine. I'm not sure if I'll be out Friday night or Sat. as of today but I'll know before Friday. Do you have my #?

Originally posted by The_ Beak_ Of_ Fury:

Psss:

Look around this site is quite friendly!

I didn't see any restrictions posted in the "track section".

Feel free to submit your slip and get on the list!

Yeah I know we can submit our times there but there is NO chance of being #1 in a N/A 4-banger. Its not very competitive for me.

Originally posted by Republicant:

What's the point of being an N/A four banger? And, can you be number one with an N/A four banger.... anywhere? :confused:

Well I was on my way to the top in Select, I see your like most of the people on here,,,you only respect V8's and boosted cars. So I won't waste my time saying anything else to ya.

The new track list won't be based simply on times, it will be based on a mathematical equation.

Something like E.T. as compared to trap speed sets a certain score. This is what will rank people.

I honestly wanted to keep the Select Comp, but didn't see too much participation in it. If you honestly want one, I'll create it again (in addition to the new Track Comp), and have it the Top 15.

CR has nothing against the 4 cylinder crowd. A good percentage of members own I4s, N/A or power-added. Please don't go off half-cocked about that "not 4 cylinder friendly" shit. CR happens to be foremost a supported of any types of vehicles, hence why another "board" was created strictly for V8s and boosted imports.

Take it as you will.

I see your point and I now understand how the new list will work and thank you for explaining it. As far as being 4-banger friendly,,just read some of the posts in this thread and you will see some of what I'm talking about.

Originally posted by Evil Peter:

I see your point and I now understand how the new list will work and thank you for explaining it. As far as being 4-banger friendly,,just read some of the posts in this thread and you will see some of what I'm talking about.

Shit, I get fucked all the time for owning a V8. It's all in good fun, we love to harass each other no matter what we own :D

Originally posted by The_ Eyeball_ Of_ Fury:

Shit, I get fucked all the time for owning a V8. It's all in good fun, we love to harass each other no matter what we own :D

Point taken. I'll take that in to consideration for now on.

Anyone have a good equation I can use to even things up?

I'm looking for something along the lines of:

(E.T x trap speed) / # of cylinders = score

Something that will enable all cars to participate on an even level.

Now that what I'm talkin about, I'm not sure of any equations to use but your idea rocks.

Guest riggs867

Anyone have a good equation I can use to even things up?

I'm looking for something along the lines of:

(E.T x trap speed) / # of cylinders = score

Something that will enable all cars to participate on an even level.

You might want to run some real world numbers through that equation first. Because of the number of cylinders being what you divide by, it may turn out that a stock 4 cyl Civic scores higher than a 12 cyl Ferrari.

Guest jpurdy2003
Also, it might be better to use displacement in a certain measure (cc's or ci's), because displacement varies widely between engines with the same # of cylinders.