Cobra Dyno - Comparison

SVTCobraGuy

Dyno'd the Cobra at Passen this Saturday. Great place to get a dyno done. I have the tune in pretty good shape, but need to fix the low-end torque.

How does this compare with some of the other Stangs on CR? Anyone streetable with 500rwhp or more?

http://24.123.56.74/junk/dyno1.jpg

Mine put down 433rwhp/408rwtq on a Mustang dyno which dynoes 10-15% lower than the standard Dynojet dynos that most people use (and in fact that Passen uses -- I've dynoed there before). When you take that 10-15% into consideration I'm making somewhere in the ballpark of 470-500rwhp, and yes it's very streetable. Drives just like a stocker until I get into boost...then it's somewhat...different. ;)

[ 04. October 2004, 12:24 AM: Message edited by: Razorback ]

Edit: nevermind read the graph wrong. Color makes it easier to read a dynograph. smile.gif But anyway.. My TQ is almost identical to yours to 3500 RPM, and again HP is almost identical to 4000 RPM. BTW, my numbers are from an NA bolt-on GT.

Really the only way to "fix-up" your low end would be to do a 2V swap (why?) or to switch to a roots/twin-screw type blower. I'm not sure if it's possible for a tune to play with the low-end timing to make any significant changes or not. What did your a/f look like?

I reccomend Brian Turner, AKA moblie chassis Dyno. Great guy and works with a lot of mustangs. He owns at lest 3 of them himself.

[ 03. October 2004, 09:06 PM: Message edited by: The DropTop ]

Originally posted by SVTCobraGuy:

Anyone streetable with 500rwhp or more?

I'm at 505rwhp/630rwtq on 93 octane and a 50 shot. And mine's very streetable.

Those are great numbers you put down. FYI: Brian Turner at DynoTune Motorsports is a great place to have your car (i.e., especially Mustangs) dynoed. He also does tuning.

A/F was set at 11.5:1, but danced around +/- .2 at the worse. Some people go to 12:1, but I prefer the safe side.

Actually I have a lot of timing pulled at low end, that can be added back in. My supercharger was erroring out my knock sensor.

Originally posted by The DropTop:

Really the only way to "fix-up" your low end...

The GT's are freakin' crazy with torque when they're supercharged. I played around with that 00 Powerdyne GT that Toy Barn had. I'm actually only running 6psi. I'll creep up to around 9psi on my stock block. Then, I'll have to go forged. Stock connecting rods will bend at 12psi.

Originally posted by 99BlownYellowGT:

Yeah the torque is pretty low but your HP #s are similar to mine. I could probably get mine to go to that # but my limiter is set at 6250. Good #s though. graemlins/thumb.gif How much boost did you see?

Yeah, your Lightning is pretty awesome. What kind of turbo is on that beast?

Originally posted by rl:

My Lightning, which is kind of like a mustang, made the numbers in my sig. smile.gif

Not bad numbers, about average for your combo.

Those are some pretty awesome numbers. Roots-types make evil torque. How much lower is your s/c pulley than stock? Did you have to install a boost-a-pump also? I'll give DynoTune a try next time I'm ready for a dyno tune. Passen is always booked like a rock band.

Think I've seen your Cobra around before. Where's all the Mustang guys meeting at? Maybe next weekend everyone can come out and make the oil companies even richer?

Originally posted by Venomss:

I'm at 505rwhp/630rwtq on 93 octane and a 50 shot. And mine's very streetable.

Those are great numbers you put down. FYI: Brian Turner at DynoTune Motorsports is a great place to have your car (i.e., especially Mustangs) dynoed. He also does tuning.

A/F was set at 11.5:1, but danced around +/- .2 at the worse. Some people go to 12:1, but I prefer the safe side.

Actually I have a lot of timing pulled at low end, that can be added back in. My supercharger was erroring out my knock sensor.

You might look into running a higher octane fuel and adding some timing. You could always get a multi-program chip made. One tune with less timing for cheaper gas, one tune for racegas with more timing for when you're feelin frisky.

EDIT: good numbers Brandon. We really need to line up. ...towing a boat so I have a chance ;) [/QB]
How much are you making, and what shot? If I remember right, you're running the NX EFI Wet kit like the one I used to have right? Best run at Trails?

Those are some pretty awesome numbers. Roots-types make evil torque. How much lower is your s/c pulley than stock? Did you have to install a boost-a-pump also? I'll give DynoTune a try next time I'm ready for a dyno tune. Passen is always booked like a rock band.

Think I've seen your Cobra around before. Where's all the Mustang guys meeting at? Maybe next weekend everyone can come out and make the oil companies even richer?

The pulley is a 2.93. In addition, I've got a cat-back, CAI, and a custom tune. Other than the juice, that's it.

We're usually around Hooter/Geeros/Jegs on the weekends. Also, this Wedneday, we've rented out MCIR from 6:00 to 10:00. Cost is about $60 to get in, but they'll only be like 20 cars. There should be several Cobras/Mustangs there along with some other fairly quick cars. You should come see what those new dyno numbers translate into at the track. :cool:

Originally posted by Razorback:

Hey John (Venomss), what nitrous kit are you running with yours? Just kinda curious how that's working out w/ your blower, and did you require a flip chip to run the nitrous?

I'm running an Edelbrock dry-kit. It didn't require a flip-chip, and I ran fine without one for several weeks. However, I'm running one now, which is more for safety purposes than anything (i.e., on juice, I'm set a bit richer with more conservative timing). On spray and off spray, my A/F is right around 11:1 to 11.5:1.

Guest Yellow4.6

There's a guy thats running around w/ an orange 04 thats making 513rwhp. And a friend of mine put down 380rwhp/364rwtq in his stock 03 Cobra.

They are beasts