Looking for opinions on the Peugot 206 rc

Guest Zyklon

Guest Zyklon

I'm looking for opinions about the peugot 206 rc. Having been a biker pretty much the entire time I've been driving, I don't really know too much about cars, just pretty much the basics. I'm in the process of trying to learn more. I've had my eye on purchasing a car and was kind of attracted to the peugot 206 rc. Any info, advice, or opinions would be appreciated.

-Zyklon da Ratbiker graemlins/thumb.gif

Originally posted by Kohones:

A car built in France? Ugh! Getting parts & fixing her? Big hurdles. Best think about it, you're $$$ but I wouldn't want it if it were free! :D

the infarweb is a powerful tool. graemlins/thumb.gif

You can find parts for anything and get them within a week, overnight if you can drop the coin on shipping.

Yeah you can get parts for anything from anywhere on the planet! Guess thats why for the billions of people that live on this planet - there are thousands of different makes of vehicles, so anyone can buy, drive, & fix what they want. Just goes to show, we're all different & we all have different transportation needs & desires! smile.gif

Guest Zyklon

It would be difficult to obtain seeing as how Peugeot doesn't import their cars to the US, but they do however, from what I saw on Peugeot.com, do import their cars to mexico. So it may be possible to pick up one there. I may be wrong but I'm still investigating the possibility.

-Zyklon da Ratbiker

Originally posted by Zyklon:

It would be difficult to obtain seeing as how Peugeot doesn't import their cars to the US, but they do however, from what I saw on Peugeot.com, do import their cars to mexico. So it may be possible to pick up one there. I may be wrong but I'm still investigating the possibility.

-Zyklon da Ratbiker

They used to import whole cars here, along with many other wee Euro'makes. Renault, Peugeot, Fiat,

Well I don't have 206 direct experience but I did have to drive a brand new 407 rental as a daily driver for a month last summer in Holland and I can give you my experiences with that Peugeot.

Ready? It was a complete pile. Handled like a wallowing rolling tugboat, had the pickup of a asthmatic donkey, and the interior pieces had felt like low grade tupperware or lego plastic insulting your fingertips while your ass got assaulted by the rental car Grand Am quality velour of the beanbags they called le seats. ...but other than that it was a great car.

Nice color. Good trunk. The windows never failed to roll down or up. Thats about it.

Hope you have better luck with the 206RC, because that new 407 had all the panache and engineering suave of a Cavalier.

Sorry bout that but I am just "Callin em like I see em." Or in this case, sat in em. Drove em? Tortured by em? *goes to happy place*

Originally posted by Mowgli:

Well I don't have 206 direct experience but I did have to drive a brand new 407 rental as a daily driver for a month last summer in Holland and I can give you my experiences with that Peugeot.

Ready? It was a complete pile. Handled like a wallowing rolling tugboat, had the pickup of a asthmatic donkey, and the interior pieces had felt like low grade tupperware or lego plastic insulting your fingertips while your ass got assaulted by the rental car Grand Am quality velour of the beanbags they called le seats. ...but other than that it was a great car.

Nice color. Good trunk. The windows never failed to roll down or up. Thats about it.

Hope you have better luck with the 206RC, because that new 407 had all the panache and engineering suave of a Cavalier.

Sorry bout that but I am just "Callin em like I see em." Or in this case, sat in em. Drove em? Tortured by em? *goes to happy place*

..... it was a rental car... i'm sure you got the cheapest thing they could find, and i'm sure people who had it before you shit all over it

"drive it like a rental"---->true story

My cousin-in-law scored it for us from where he worked. It had 16 kilometers on the odo. And it was loaded.

So there. tongue.gif

Oh yeah, and the stereo in it seemed to have an odd predilect towards playing David Hasselhof tunes all day. *shudder* The horror.

Put a good song on, and the engine'd die.

The car was crap. no two ways to say it. Oh wait, yes there is:

La voiture était la foutaise.

Originally posted by Mowgli:

My cousin-in-law scored it for us from where he worked. It had 16 kilometers on the odo. And it was loaded.

So there. tongue.gif

Oh yeah, and the stereo in it seemed to have an odd predilect towards playing David Hasselhof tunes all day. *shudder* The horror.

Put a good song on, and the engine'd die.

The car was crap. no two ways to say it. Oh wait, yes there is:

La voiture était la foutaise.

You basicaly got a Peugeot Taurus...ney, a Peugeot Cimeron, what do you expect?