Holy shit

SilverEvo8owner

(silver's brother posting. hope he doesn't mind)

On my way to Cincinatti today, I saw a transport truck heading the opposite direction. Got closer and my eyes focused to see about 12 C6's chillin on the trailer. Anyone have an idea what dealer they're on the way to?

Sorry no pics. tongue.gif It was spur of the moment, didn't have a camera.

From what I could tell there was at least one in every color.

It's not you. They are different in just about every dimension from the c5. I don't remember who it was, but someone had an animated image of a C5 profile with a C6 superimposed over it. It was really cool, and whoever has it, could you post it again?

Originally posted by nathan96:

Shorter, yes by 5in, but longer wheelbase. I am still burnt by the fact that they do not have flip up lights. In fact C6=C5 body w/o flip up lights IMO

I don't know, I mean, yes the Corvette has had flip up lights since the C2, but really if you think about it, todays technology is the first time since 1963 that they have been able to incorproate the headlamps into the overall design of the vehicle, and not have them adversely affect the aerodynamics. I prefer to look at not as deviating from Corvette styling, but returning to what the cars were early on. All of the C1's had fixed headlamps, and they looked good. The C2's when equipped for racing used fixed headlamps. Hell, even the C5-R's have fixed headlamps.

Originally posted by mesteno:

stationary lights are good, they save much wieght, woot.

I also heard they couldn't do the project type lights in a flip up because of the space they take and how they work. Functionality >> looks in that case. Drive a car on a regular basis with HID projectors and you'll never want to go back.

Originally posted by Neo:

I also heard they couldn't do the project type lights in a flip up because of the space they take and how they work. Functionality >> looks in that case. Drive a car on a regular basis with HID projectors and you'll never want to go back.

That's true. HID's were a must for the C6, and they couldn't figure out how to make them work in a manner that would be both cost effective and be compact enough for packaging in a flip up configuration.

Originally posted by Varioram:

whatever...the 997 twin turbo will still crush it.

Is that the newest 911 turbo (I'm not fluent in Porsche nomenclature)? It might beat it, might not, but it won't crush it, and it will do all of that for half of the price. That's called the Corvette crushing the 997. It's a super-car for the price of an expensive sports car, that's amazing.

Stopped at Germain last night on my way home. All I can say is WOW! I hadn't ever been a big fan of the C5, but this car... I want one of these. The pictures really don't do it justice. You need to see it in person to really see just how much "not a C5" it is. If only I had the $54k, I'd own the Yellow one right now.