where can you buy aluminum rivets larger than 3/16"?

1Quik7

i need to find aluminum "pop" rivets larger than 3/16"...i have tried Lowes, Advanced, AutoZone, Sears, a local store...none of them have any larger.

anyone know where to find them?..where do bodyshops get theirs?

Guest lownissan
I have 1/4" pop rivets at my work. We repair semi trailers. If you only need a few, i can give them to you. My screen name on aim is sparkintoy you can get ahold of me on there. Also if you need a large amount i can let you know where to get them.

thanks everyone for the suggestions...i will be making phone calls or stopping by some of these places.

all i know is that the are larger than 3/16"...i would like to say at least a 1/4"...i only need 10 i think, but i am also curious about how to apply them, it seems all the "guns" are only up to 3/16" as well, will these places be able to help me that also?

Guest lownissan
1/4" will be the biggest you are gonna find. most guns for 1/4" are air powered and expensive. if you can find a handheld gun for 1/4" its gonna take 3 men and mule to get the rivet to pop.

Originally posted by im slow:

1/4" will be the biggest you are gonna find. most guns for 1/4" are air powered and expensive. if you can find a handheld gun for 1/4" its gonna take 3 men and mule to get the rivet to pop.

I have one, but it looks like bolt cutters and not a rivet gun. And I am not positive that it will do .25 rivets.