Turbo Charging needs

Guest infamous me 235

Guest infamous me 235

Does anyone have a website or know off the top of their heads, the needs for a turbocharger? This is for a 4G20, and wants to custom it with an EVO16G. What all will he need as in lines and piping and whatnot. Has brand new transmission, pistons, rods.

Thanks, COdy

Buy corky bells book "Maximum Boost". It explains a lot for the newbs. Mainly make sure he has good control over boost(ie boost controller and solid wastegate) and plenty o fuel. A fmic will provide adequate cooling for that turbo, at least 2.5" piping, solid blow off valve to prevent surging. What is a 4g20 btw? Is it already boosted stock or is this all custom? What does his ecu do when it sees positive manifold pressure? If it will fuel cut you'll need something to clamp the voltage? That is out the window if he has a MAS though. I'd really need to know what car it is to go more indepth but boost control and fuel are huge.

Guest infamous me 235
Originally posted by Mr Blunt 2gnt:

Buy corky bells book "Maximum Boost". It explains a lot for the newbs. Mainly make sure he has good control over boost(ie boost controller and solid wastegate) and plenty o fuel. A fmic will provide adequate cooling for that turbo, at least 2.5" piping, solid blow off valve to prevent surging. What is a 4g20 btw? Is it already boosted stock or is this all custom? What does his ecu do when it sees positive manifold pressure? If it will fuel cut you'll need something to clamp the voltage? That is out the window if he has a MAS though. I'd really need to know what car it is to go more indepth but boost control and fuel are huge.

hoping you'd post. smile.gif

i dont know my DSM codes, it's just a 420 (i think)

99 Eclipse RS

your talking to the right man then ;)

they do make full kit's for n/a eclipse's. Since you said his motor was already built i take it it's built to withstand boost, he could just drop a few grand on a kit and have a nice car.

BUT Chad brings up a few good points, fuel and boost and the two biggest to worry about. Remember that engine wasn't built with boost in mind. why doesn't your friend post?

Guest infamous me 235
he's retarded, and can't figure it out. he says it doesn't work. he really is a little slow, so im doing all his dirty work becasue im such a good friend like that smile.gif i dont mind.

No offense to anyone on here but why post this question on here. You will get a lot of great answers regarding general turbo charging but you should ask this on a site dedicated to the 2gnt( www.2gnt.com), or even one dedicated to dsm's(Columbusdsm.com , DsmTalk.com, DsmTuners.com). There are alot of little things regarding the ecu and motor that someone with another vehicle just wouldn't know. Here is all the information you need. Read away.

http://columbusdsm.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=52612#52612

Guest infamous me 235
Originally posted by Mr Blunt 2gnt:

No offense to anyone on here but why post this question on here. You will get a lot of great answers regarding general turbo charging but you should ask this on a site dedicated to the 2gnt( www.2gnt.com), or even one dedicated to dsm's(Columbusdsm.com , DsmTalk.com, DsmTuners.com). There are alot of little things regarding the ecu and motor that someone with another vehicle just wouldn't know. Here is all the information you need. Read away.

http://columbusdsm.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=52612#52612

Thanks, Mr. Blunt smile.gif thats what i was looking for