Some good/fast/reliable cars around $5,000??

Guest infamous me 235

Guest infamous me 235

I like mustangs, it's just one of my friends just got an 88 and the other one is getting an 86, so I don't want to have almost the same damn car. I wouldn't mind a style like yours ^^^^ especially Cobra :cool:

JP, I thought about doing that, I just don't want to have to spend a whole lot of money on a car to make it a fast car. I want a car that's already pretty quick and can hold it's own.

I'd just rather spend my money on the 2 things I love doing the most; Jen and age-ing closer to 21 to goto the WSOP. $10,000 a seat, i'm getting there already, should be there by the time I'm 21 the way thing's are going now.

Mk3 GTI VR6, throaty V6 sound w/ just a filter, (it sounds badass) and they move pretty good for what they are. Mine put down 164hp, 166tq on the dyno. WHP, stock. Definitely room to mod and they aren't that expensive, There is one in the paper for 5k, black/black leather, 5spd, loaded. I'd sell mine for 9k.

Matt

Originally posted by DvS_DSM:

Mk3 GTI VR6, throaty V6 sound w/ just a filter, (it sounds badass) and they move pretty good for what they are. Mine put down 164hp, 166tq on the dyno. WHP, stock. Definitely room to mod and they aren't that expensive, There is one in the paper for 5k, black/black leather, 5spd, loaded. I'd sell mine for 9k.

Matt

Well your car does not meet the price or performance he was asking for inthis thread sorry. graemlins/slap.gif

You can also find 240 with sr swaps around that price range. They are very fast cars that not everyone has one of. For 5k you will have to be looking at an f-body most likely. And they are pretty reliable.

Im completely forgot about the 240's with the sr20 motors, those things are worth the money and they get up and go. My friend is selling one for around 3600 right now if your interested. He took it to the track and made one pass ever then it started to rain but he still ran a 13.6.

Guest infamous me 235
Originally posted by Rowhan:

cody, some advise dont put money into girls, people think cars arent an investment, girls are worse, its like throwing money down the toilet and then they get to flush it!

This coming from you, Zach graemlins/wtf.gif

My girl investment > your girl investment

Guest Ranger_Man
you will not go faster in a straight line for less money than with a foxbody mustang. parts are uber cheap and they are decently reliable. want to be different than your friends? get a SVO.