friend living his dream

Chad is Dead

Originally posted by Jon:

In my opinion it's not a sport. I don't think racing is a sport either. Anything that doesn't have to do with physical activity in my opinion isn't a sport.

sport (spôrt, sprt)

n.

Physical activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively.

A particular form of this activity.

What racing are you talking about, it can't be auto racing?

Originally posted by Jon:

In my opinion it's not a sport. I don't think racing is a sport either. Anything that doesn't have to do with physical activity in my opinion isn't a sport.

sport (spôrt, sprt)

n.

Physical activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively.

A particular form of this activity.

If you don't think racing is a sport then you've never seen the training drivers go through in order to make it through a race. It's as physically demanding as any other top level sport, if not more.

Originally posted by buckeye:

becouse the whole thing is judged by personal option not by points scored nor a person in first. I have nothing againest the "sport" but I drift (snow) too but to me it is just called learning and gaining car control.

But Hell I guess what ever gets the former honda now 240 guys the hot chicks.

It is a fun sport to do, in empty snowy parking lots, but those who PAY money to WATCH......

Who cares if it's not a "sport"? If it's fun and entertaining lets do it. But i do agree that it's a very odd thing to judge b/c it is all based on opinion and there are very loose guidelines as to gets you to the next round. But it is extremely hard to get it nice and smooth and pretty much godlike to drift like the D1 drivers from japan.

I went to Eastland with Peter if I'm thinking of the right kid, his 240 is pretty sweet and if I remember right he's deff good at what he does. I'll have to try and see him before he goes, is he still working over at SKS?

Guest stvbreal
This thread is about someone doing something with his life, not wether or not drifting is a sport. Congrats to your freind. And to the people that are hating, go back to your shitty jobs while this guy heads to Cali to persue his dream. :D

Originally posted by buckeye:

I can't wait till that fad dies. Drifting is not a sport nor a compition, Yes it is fun but so is burnouts and no one calls that a sport

I agree with Buckeye. However, it is great your bud has a chance to do something he likes to do.