camaro info needed

ridenred27

hey guys i am wondering where is a few good sites for tpi tweeking. my latest car is a 88 iroc w/the 5.7 tpi engine. it has a few minor mods like exaust and the accell injecters. i seem to remember that you needed to change the maf of have the ecm tuned for the larger injecters. any way any info would be great

thanks Rolla

How is speed dnesity going to make it easier? I was always told you must burn a new chip for every change you make when it comes to SD if you want the most out of it. Now going big horsepower yes SD is a better system but for just bolt-ons MAF is the way to go.

see i didnt want to go sd but that seemed to be the way alot of people went. i really dont want the hassle. ill look at that site dave. what mafs can be used that were factory installed? or do i go aftermarket? back when these cars were more prevelant i use to see a lot of bad maf's and i dont care for how restrictive they are.

i am just trying to optimize the car from where it is now. the last thing i need to do is start and full blown project. thanks for the info

Guest mudbutt

SD is a good setup if you are starting non efi. If you already have maf then keep it. There are people running 10s on the old maf style computers. There are 2 popular programs to tune the early gm stuff tunercat and tunerpro. Tunerpro is free and just as good as cat but has definition files for less vehicles. Luckily your ecu was the one the guy used to devlope it. For the larger injectors all you need to do is change the injector constant in that particular setup. Unlike changing or scaling a maf, this does not mess wit your timing. If you are wanting to go further I suggest buying something like the moates apu1 which will allow you to emulate to tune in real time, datalog via aldl communications and burn your chip once you've finished. We are a vendor for moates equipment. It is on our website www.forcedfab.com under ecu tuning. If interested, get ahold of me directly and Ill get you a little better price. If you plan on a boosted application you can run the 122730 computer from an sd car with a modified $42 bin from a cyclone or typhoon and have a great base to start with using a 2 or 3 bar map sensor depending on the bin you use.

Joel