Dr. Pomade

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Orion:

tongue.gif

btw, looks good without the stripe.

Thanks. I've actually removed some other items, will be running solid black loom in the engine bay, and plan on tinting the windows. I'm also debating on removing the molding from the doors.

BTW, those rims are pimp, John. Black on black with a polished lip = winnar :D

Originally posted by Aggressor:

Thanks. I've actually removed some other items, will be running solid black loom in the engine bay, and plan on tinting the windows. I'm also debating on removing the molding from the doors.

BTW, those rims are pimp, John. Black on black with a polished lip = winnar :D

Thanks. :cool:

Speaking of tint, people have asked me if I intend on tinting mine, and I'm not. I got pulled over more times for tint in the Cobra than for anything else. It was like I just gave the cops an excuse to pull me over because of it. And when they would pull me over, then I would usually get at least grief, if not a ticket, for a no front plate. To me, it's not worth it. That, and I always felt kind of claustrophobic with the tint. Anyways, for what it's worth, I thought I would just put that out there.

I don't plan on tinting some ridiculous shade like 20%. I plan on being legal in that aspect and keeping it at like 55-60%, I have enough other problems to deal with for being pulled over smile.gif

Just enough to get rid of the super clear of the factory windows.

Originally posted by Dr. Z06:

EDIT: My car was tuned with HP Tuners, not LS1 edit. I wasn't there when it was tuned, and I didn't know he had switched from LS1 edit.

A Spec II.

That's not going to hold any serious power.....Stage III will, Stage II isn't really designed to. Buddy's dad's blown C5 making mid 400's w/ a Stage II, and it's slipping at Norwalk when he made some passes in it; everything professionally installed too, and not a ton of miles on it either, nor any sticky tires.

Being a Stage III Carbon owner (there are different versions of the stage III), I can say I'm less than impressed with Spec. I'm on my second clutch w/ them, only because we had another laying around in the garage Tommy (GRN96WS6) gave us, as my first wore the pucks down in under 10k miles and the disc spring retainers broke. :rolleyes: SPEC is full of excuses and promises too.

I'm sure eventually this clutch will go too, though it's holding fine for now, then off to do it right once and for all w/ a $1000 McLeod Street Twin.

Originally posted by Aggressor:

I'm also debating on removing the molding from the doors.

Anthony - I just removed all of the moldings and Trans Am badges from mine - I debated whether to do it or not for a while - I love it - could not be happier!

Guest MTI Stroker

I have had the star stage 3 clutch, i had 446 at the wheels with the old motor and it gave way, i got the cartech clutch since and its mac daddy even with the stroker!!!, If i was u i would spend the money and get the deal wease is giving!!! If not, believe me you will regret it!!!

Good Luck!

Thanks for the input guys, but you have to understand that I got this clutch at a really good price. Even if it doesn't hold out, it'll be worth it. smile.gif

Originally posted by casey02ws6:

Dr Z06 your Vette sounds awesome - gotta love the sound of a cammed LS1!

Thanks, but it's an LS6.

Originally posted by buckeye:

joe is mcleod a good product? they make one for my car and I don't to f with it twice

Well, I've only kept up w/ it on the LT1 T56 side of it. They over a single disc, which no one really ever buys. The Street Twin is what the big boys run.....period. It's THE clutch to have; costs a fortune, but gets the job done right, and is supposed to be very streetable. Only problems I've ever seen is you have to helicoil the bolt hole for the shift fork, as the tension can rip it out of the tranny. That's pretty much it. As for other cars, I can't really comment.

Originally posted by Wease:

I hope so, for his sake. I know of three people in COFBA alone, who had them destoyed with very little mods done to the car... redface.gif

+3 for me and my car was wimpy on power.

I have a strong disregard for Spec.

Originally posted by Billiumss:

It's a great running car and pulls very hard.

It's time to get it dyno tuned! Are we going to tune it this Saturday? Call me.

Yeah, I called Dyno Brian to let him know we'll have the car at the dyno about noon-ish. I would've called you, but I lost your number.

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by casey02ws6:

Dr Z06 your Vette sounds awesome - gotta love the sound of a cammed LS1!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks, but it's an LS6.

Not much of a difference. 7liter Z06=hotness