Last Oldsmobile to Roll Of Assembly Line

Its very rare to find a car company that has built a race car or engine for almost EVERY form of motorsport in existence. They've raced straight line, twisties and ovas, both with fenders and witout, and succeded at all of them.

Off the top of my head:

Indy cars

IRL

NHRA, stock body and rails

NASCAR

Grand Am

It is sad to see them go, butits better then letting GM besmurch their name by authorizing bad cars for years to come.

Guest silverbullet
meh..i would have rather seen buicks get the ax personally...my familly owns 4 oldsmobiles used to own 6 and we havent ever had a major problem with any of them...its sad to see em go

Guest Elinar Longsight
They showed it being rolled-off today on the news. The group of people that worked on that assembly line got to sign their names under the hood. A kid I went to HS with and my Uncle Mike were shown in that group of people on the news. :D

Guest nevarmore
I think Olds died because they were different. The newer Oldsmobiles weren't just cookie cutter variants of the rest of the GM family. Olds dared to be different and didn't sell enough to appear competitive against the rest of the GM line.

Guest Tony_K
Originally posted by Rotary Convert:

I think Olds died because they were different. The newer Oldsmobiles weren't just cookie cutter variants of the rest of the GM family. Olds dared to be different and didn't sell enough to appear competitive against the rest of the GM line.

Achieva, Alero, and Bravada were all cookie-cutters.

Guest Tony_K
Originally posted by BADASSKYLARK:

Its sad ive owned 5 oldsmobile's and well my family is an oldsmobile family.The only good car they have made in the past few years though was the aurora in my opinion.

I've known several "Oldsmobile families." Seems to me Olds has had a lot of diehard followers.

For all the Aleros and Auroras I see on the road, I question GM's ability to turn a profit more than Oldsmobile's ability to produce a likable and dependable car.