e-cutout

DeathSandwich

Totally depends on where you put the cutout as to whether you need to jack the car up or not.

On my old setup, I could reach under the car and get it. W/ my new setup (cutouts off of the headers) it will be even easier. I also have really long arms, which helps some.

That said, I have an electric cutout, and it's a great toy. Really nice when driving w/ the cutout open on the street and you have to drive near a cop.

I had several DMH cutouts. Dave at DMH was a great guy, and always fixed them, but they were just really unreliable for me. I'm not saying they are for everyone, but I had some terriable luck with mine.

I sold that and got a QTP. I've had one motor burn up on it, but has been fine since. Already my current QTP has lasted longer than any of my DMH units, so I'm already having better luck.

Trevor has dual QTP electric cutouts on his 69, and they have worked very well for him. His success w/ those is the reason I got mine.

Guest stevil
Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

His success w/ those is the reason I got mine.

No, you got it free, that's why. tongue.gif

I think all of the electric cutouts are delicate and will have problems eventually. The DMH had a 3 year warranty (now it's 4 years) so that helped my choice. And I have had it serviced, no big deal. Anyways, even with the problems now and then it's worth the $$$. Such fun. :D

Opening up a cutout manually is pretty easy, just have to get on the ground and reach under there. Of course it's a hassle, can't just gain HP/dB while driving at the flick of a switch... ;)

If money is tight at the moment, just get a regular cutout and maybe add the electric plate later... that's all it is, an electric butterfly valve that fits onto a standard cutout from Jegs or Summit.

Originally posted by Redneck Racing:

[QBNo, you got it free, that's why. tongue.gif [/QB]

Yes, I did get mine free (it's good to be a moderator on a very large message board from time to time), but I was going to purchase one regardless. But when the guy offers me a free one, I sure as hell wasn't going to say no!

I have electric cutouts and I love it... it kinda sticks down a little and is shiney under the car and allot of people ask me what it is.. but I'm sure I could probably tuck it up a little better.

That being said, I have a QTP and it's worked everytime I've fliped the switch. it's nice, cause you can go with quiet, loud, or insaine within 5 seconds without ever getting your hands dirty.

It's nice for 2 reasons...

1.) after the car has run a little while, FORGET about taking the cap off until it's cooled down if you do not have one

2.) I can't even begin to count how many times Law Enforcement Officers have busted u-turns to follow me and I flick the ol' switch and it gets all quiet... they then follow me for a few miles then turn off... (of course with collector plates, it won't matter anyway... I'll be exempt tongue.gif )

Besides that, It will allow me to "visually" pass E-checks if cops look under my car...

hey guys. i have a wholesale account w/ QTP. When i purchase from them i get one price for 1-4 orders, a better price for 5-9 orders and the best price on 10+ orders. if you are serioiusly intersted in this i could be the middle man for the deal, i already have everything setup with him.