e-cutout

DeathSandwich

For those that don't mind getting a little dirty and saving money.

http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=102162&prmenbr=361

I have a 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust and have seen little to no gain in MPH freeing the exhaust up after the downpipe. It appeals to more senses and really boosts the butt-dynometer, in my opinion.

Funny thing is.... Talking to QTP when I called about my motor return....

FACTS:

Currently he has a WRX with a stock catback and a custom DP. Cutout open he gains 21hp and 26lbs torque.

He works with another company that sells custom turbo kits for Camaros. He said with the bigger package they offer, a QTEC cutout is included.. On the dyno.. the car LOSES 70HP whith the cutout closed Mind you this is on a turboed V8 pushing a big turbo.

Might as well add my old post.... regarding the motor fixes for these....

So recently my cutout stopped working... It works only on occasion now.

So I call QTP and speak to who I assume is the owner. Nicest person. I tell him it feels like the motor is loose and wont open when its in certain spots. Hes noticed this before. He told me the motors they use are actually from vending machines!! The motors are used to spin the little swirl things that hold your candy and such in place. He tells me they never really had issues with the heat at all, only that SOME of the older motors were more easily damaged by the excessive vibrations. And for those that have ridden in my car, the mofo vibrates when my cutout is open!!

He said out of a box of 1000 motors hes only had about 30 need that needed to be fixed. There are little screws inside and they simply come loose and the motor gets misaligned.

Temporary fix he says, is to get under the car and hold the cutout in a good spot where it opens and put some duct tape around it. I told him I had a huge meet this weekend and wanted to make sure it worked He said afterwards, to send it in with $30 dollars and he would fix it all up, replace all the worn parts and send it back in shiny new condition.

He has DSM background too! Had an AWD with a small 16G and his best was a 12.8@107mph. He ended up breaking a front axel, rear axel, Tcase and tranny. Sold the DSM

FACTS:

Currently he has a WRX with a stock catback and a custom DP. Cutout open he gains 21hp and 26lbs torque!

He works with another company that sells custom turbo kits for Camaros. He said with the bigger package they offer, a QTEC cutout is included.. On the dyno.. the car LOSES 70HP whith the cutout closed Mind you this is on a turboed V8 pushing a big turbo.

Originally posted by Maro:

What are we talking about, $ / unit?

see there are different units available. you can use them to get the y pipe as well w/ the cutout on it or you can just buy the cutout. they range in size too so i would need to know specifically how many of what units we needed before i could get prices. i'm sure he will be very fair with me, hes a really nice guy.

to get on the subject of the hp gain, on my turbo its night and day. i put my stock exhaust on b/c i was tired of the fart pipe sound and vibrations all the time. i have a stock dsm turbo exhaust, 2.25", and a 3" dp. with the cutout closed i dont reach 20psi until upper 5K range. with it open i build full boost before 4. the difference is HUGE on a turbo car, best hp gaining mod for the money hands down dollar per dollar imo.

what you guys should do is go to their website, get the part number you need and email it to me. If you want we can set a date of May the 14th. I need all part numbers by then, i'll call and see what we can work out. as it stands the 1-4 discount is not a whole lot, a little more than shipping would cost probably. Email your part numbers to sales@columbusdsm.com.

Easiest way possible would be cash. If you have paypal that certainly is an option as well. i have two paypal accounts, one premier(able to accept credit cards,charges a fee) and one basic (no fee, only transfers from your checking/savings accepted). If you need references for credibility i'd be happy to get you in touch w/ 50+ dsm owners that have ordered stuff through me as well.