STOLEN-Red Del Sol

70rsz28

My friend had a Red 94 Civic Del Sol. It had a B18C5(Itegra Type- R) swap, ITR 5 lug suspension, ITR wheels, ITR setats/shift knob, and slammed with coil overs. This car meant more to him than anything not to mention all the time and money invested in it. Keep a lookout. I was stolen from the Tuttle mall parking lot last week.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/5/web/485000-485999/485352_35_full.jpg

[ 24. November 2004, 01:47 AM: Message edited by: 70rsz28 ]

itr 5 lug conversion/rims/engine/interior !? it's probably one of the hottest cars around. All of that goes crazy in the honda world and goes for so much money. I wouldn't trust parking that car anywhere at night except a locked up garage.

A security system would not have stopped a seasoned thief. They get the latest systems and figure out the vulnerabilities and then test them over and over. Remember if someone can design and build it, someone else can crack it.

I can't believe it got stolen from a mall lot though especially since they are more busy this time of year.

I had an alarm on my car that was good but it didn't stop it from getting jacked, sorry to hear about your friends ride.

Sounds like the po po need to have more patrols out.

Originally posted by GRN96WS6:

I can't believe it got stolen from a mall lot though especially since they are more busy this time of year.

This is THE time of year that car thieves converge on shopping malls. Reasons:

1.Packed parking lots providing plenty of, choices, opportunities, and cover.

2.Plenty of "nicer" cars intentionally parked in far reaches of the lot to protect against door dings, but also where the foot traffic is lightest.

3.The probability of "extra booty" in your trunk is significantly greater at this time of year, in a mall parking lot.

4.All malls have quick and direct access to major arteries (I-270 in this case) where your car can be 60+ miles away before it's ever discovered to be stolen.

If a professional thief wants your car, he will get it regardless of an alarm system. The best way to keep your car from getting stolen is to disable it, such as a hidden fuel cut switch someplace where a thief would not be able to locate and enable it for at least 15 mins.

It is not often that a thief will tow your car from a parking lot. They want quick and easy "hot wires" like Hondas, the most stolen make of car on the planet.

Whats the tag on the del sol? So far I've only recovered about 6 stolen cars, one was a rolling 45 and he tried to run but was not fast enough. Stupid 17 yr old now has two felonies pending and about 6 m 1's. I will keep an eye out for it but I need the tag.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...