1/8mile time converted to a 1/4???

Guest 3000GT

Guest 3000GT

Hows everybody been running at lately. Hope good.

I have a ?

Iam looking at buying a car that runs 7.99 in the 1/8 of a mile. What kind of a 1/4 mile time is that. Any body have a mathmatical equation or just a rough guess. All reponses would be appericated. i would have to say it would be mid 11 to high 12. Is this correct if not please let me know and thanks and good luck the rest of the year.

Not sure, and it really depends on the setup of the car, but I think that's maybe a mid-high 12's?

Some cars (read: spray) may be better after the 1/8th, where traction (or lack of being able to spray off the line) may be an issue. I dunno.

Originally posted by 3KGT:

hey also the 4bbl carb is a double pump 650..

i was a jackass and put 659????own myslef on that.

ahem... http://www.columbusracing.com/ubb/edit_ubb6.gif;) ..

I'll also assume it's a 5:13 gear, and .30 over..

Anyways a 7.99 is more in the mid to maybe low 12 range, I'm guessin.

My 7.8 1/8 was 12.0 in the 1/4. A lot depends on the trap speed in the 1/8. If you're on slicks, you could run a 7.99 at +- 85mph and run the 1/4 around 12.7. On street tires, you're more apt to turning 90mph in the 1/8, and going half a second faster in the 1/4.

A buddy of mine ran at a 1/8 mile track one night the very next night ran at a 1/4 mile. Its a 91 Eagle Talon AWD and it ran a 7.98 at the 1/8 and without changing anything ran a 12.1 the very next day, but different setups and such will provide a different outcome.

You need to take into consideration the weight, and the trap speed and time in the eighth.

Heres the formula:

(1/8 e.t.*mph)/weight-weight(5.25)+1/8e.t.(1.55)=Take it to the track.

Seriously though, I posted the factors needed to convert, I just don't have the formula. It's not *that* accurate anyway.

every car is different. my '95 talon ran 8.07 1/8 and 12.67 1/4. but the mph in the 1/8th was 86. although the 1/4 was only 106. but i also have awd, and the small turbo was on it, which means quicker 1/8 times but less mph and not soo much on the big end. i'll also agree that the 5:13's definitely arent usually for 1/4 mile. you should have hella 60ft's though.

Originally posted by Wease:

Isn't the rule of thumb 1/8 mile time * 1.55? At least that's what I thought it was. Anyways, if that is the case, you are looking at a low - mid 12 second car... smile.gif

it works. i've compared different cars and fidd slips and i typically falls (exept in case of driver error or a hp car with crappy launch)

and it falls between * 1.52 and 1.58.

1.55 = good rule of thumb.

Originally posted by 93TANG:

My car ran an 8.13 1/8 and a 12.74 1/4. Of course the car ran like a champ top end back then

12.74 / 8.13 = 1.567...

works smile.gif