DSM question

tandm

I got a guy at work here trying to tell me that his Eagle Talon runs better when he takes the headers(lol) and exhaust off. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but there is no way in hell a car is running without some type of pipe scavenging the exhaust gases. Even then, I'm sure the car needs the O2 sensors in the exhaust to get some kind of readings. So my question is, do DSMs run better without an exhaust? :rolleyes:

Any turbo car would benefit from a reduction in back pressure. Straight out of the head though? The dude is a TOTAL dumb shit. Running the motor without the headers would burn up the valves. A lot of guys run with open downpipes, i have a cutout that helps an ass ton. If he is turbo not only would it burn the valves but he'd eliminate the one power adder he had on his car, the turbo smile.gif There are cat eliminator's for most all cars that have a rear cat so that doesn't really make a difference.

Guest Harris92
Even though its not turbo, running without headers on a car just doesn't seem smart. Way too much heat under the engine bay, I think it would cause the car to run worse if it were out running for any period of time, because under the hood temperatures would rise at unsafe rates.

Your first clue is what the guy is driving. With the exception of most CR DSM owners here, most DSM owners I've talked to thru the years don't know what the fuk they are talking about. This is coming from an ex-DSM owner and club member. The amount of religiously beleived BS hype is only beaten by the Civic owners crowd.

Yo.

Originally posted by Mowgli:

Your first clue is what the guy is driving. With the exception of most CR DSM owners here, most DSM owners I've talked to thru the years don't know what the fuk they are talking about. This is coming from an ex-DSM owner and club member. The amount of religiously beleived BS hype is only beaten by the Civic owners crowd.

Yo.

No need to implicate CDSM in your accusation. I'm quite sure our time slips page speaks for itself.

But it is true, the kid is an idiot.

Guest jpurdy2003
Originally posted by Ricochet:

This man speaks the truth. If you don't believe him, check out automotiveforums.com

You expect performance-oriented discussion or intelligence on AF? graemlins/slap.gif

Originally posted by iwishiwascool:

No need to implicate CDSM in your accusation.

I didn't mean to. The DSM org I belonged to was a Philly org when I lived out east. I never belonged to Columbus DSM. But the east coast members, like the guys in the northern Cali club I belonged to before them, were so full of misinformation it made me cry and hang my head in shame. But I'm sure all DSM owners here in my home of Ohio are completely well informed, mechanically savvy individuals... oh wait, the thread topic... DOH