Who else has a dyno

Buck531

Who else has a dyno in Columbus OTHER than Dynotune. And do you know their rates?

last edit - looks like Passen is the only other place with a dyno jet.

edit again - I'm looking to dyno in a comparison between two dynojets. Dynotune rules and I don't want to discredit them for the jobt that they do.

[ 29. April 2005, 08:11 AM: Message edited by: Buck531 ]

uhh.. can a Mustang Dyno be converted to a Dynojet? All the Mustang dyno is is the parameters (like car weight, barometer, temp, etc.) right?

Sorry, I'm dyno-retarded smile.gif .

[ 28. April 2005, 01:58 PM: Message edited by: Buck531 ]

Originally posted by Buck531:

uhh.. can a Mustang Dyno be converted to a Dynojet? All the Mustang dyno is is the parameters (like car weight, barometer, temp, etc.) right?

Sorry, I'm dyno-retarded smile.gif .

Ahhh, that's true. For what you need to do, it's best to find another Dynojet.

Originally posted by MadMalibu:

Why are you looking for a place other than Brian?

-Marc

Nanna fuckin' biddyness (shit.. I said BIDDDDAY!) smile.gif .

Chris. Other than the stuff you can add/delete on a Mustang dyno, is there really any difference?

Passen is the only ones that I found who has a dynojet. They're booked until like the 15th or some shit.. and they close at 6 pm :( .

Chris. Other than the stuff you can add/delete on a Mustang dyno, is there really any difference?

Yes, this needs to be done on another Dynojet.

I will guarantee that you will see at least 5-8% higher at Passen/Auto Assets vs. Dynotune.

The RX7Store's dyno and Dynotune tested the same car within 24 hours, with nearly identical temps and humidities, and found less than a 1% difference when the Mustang Dyno was set to factory settings (without correction).

Auto Assets dyno'd (Brrrfest) Carl's car 11+% higher than we did just 40 days earlier. (378 vs 340)

Any Dyno can use a correction factor to show as high of # as you want. We prefer to be consistant with the other quality and reputable dyno operators.

Originally posted by 500HP RX-7:

If you're looking to tune a car then you want a Mustang Dyno. If you're just looking for inflated numbers for bragging then Dynojet is for you. smile.gif

Jason

I need a comparison between two dyno's.. with my car. The dyno's need to be the same. (dyno jet).

Bucky, I am a bit condfused. You send me a aim on 4-28 in the morning that you want to dyno next tuesday and now you are looking for a another dyno? Go to Dynojet.com and it will list you all of the dynojet dealers in the world.

As far as fudging numbers go. All I can do is show graphs for uncorrected, STD and SAE Correction. I give all my graphs in either SAE or Uncorrected UNLESS the customer requests the STD correction. I cant do anything with the data to change the numbers. As long as we dyno on earth all dyno jet dynos are going to read within 1% of each other.

www.dynojet.com should get you the info you are looking for.

[ 29. April 2005, 01:52 AM: Message edited by: Mobile Chassis Dyno ]

Originally posted by 500HP RX-7:

If you're looking to tune a car then you want a Mustang Dyno. If you're just looking for inflated numbers for bragging then Dynojet is for you. smile.gif

Jason

Posted by Rotarded:

I will guarantee that you will see at least 5-8% higher at Passen/Auto Assets vs. Dynotune.

The RX7Store's dyno and Dynotune tested the same car within 24 hours, with nearly identical temps and humidities, and found less than a 1% difference when the Mustang Dyno was set to factory settings (without correction).

Auto Assets dyno'd (Brrrfest) Carl's car 11+% higher than we did just 40 days earlier. (378 vs 340)

Any Dyno can use a correction factor to show as high of # as you want. We prefer to be consistant with the other quality and reputable dyno operators.

Just wondering what you thought about this post.

Originally posted by Mobile Chassis Dyno:

Bucky, I am a bit condfused. You send me a aim on 4-28 in the morning that you want to dyno next tuesday and now you are looking for a another dyno? Go to Dynojet.com and it will list you all of the dynojet dealers in the world.

As far as fudging numbers go. All I can do is show graphs for uncorrected, STD and SAE Correction. I give all my graphs in either SAE or Uncorrected UNLESS the customer requests the STD correction. I cant do anything with the data to change the numbers. As long as we dyno on earth all dyno jet dynos are going to read within 1% of each other.

www.dynojet.com should get you the info you are looking for.

Hey Brian, PLEASE do not take offense that I'm helping Buck out with this. You know you're my guys. smile.gif

Sent a PM Brian.

On a side note. I PERSONALLY think Dynotune is on the nose and correct with the numbers that are being put down. Both Brian and his dad are excellent people and I hope this thread wasn't to discredit either of them in any way.

Btw, I was asking you for a dyno on Tuesday becuase that's when the other shop was. I was planning on hitting both dyno's in the same day. I'm stil going to go to dynotune for my dyno needs. smile.gif .

Sent a PM Brian.

On a side note. I PERSONALLY think Dynotune is on the nose and correct with the numbers that are being put down. Both Brian and his dad are excellent people and I hope this thread wasn't to discredit either of them in any way.

Btw, I was asking you for a dyno on Tuesday becuase that's when the other shop was. I was planning on hitting both dyno's in the same day. I'm stil going to go to dynotune for my dyno needs. smile.gif .

Thanks for your reply. It just had me concerned. The nature of thread had me a bit concerned like I had done something wrong. I feel much better now. smile.gif