Gotta get a Tow + someone with a good compression testor (rotary)

Veritas

Looking to get my rx-7 towed back to my house, we're thinking that it might not be a blown engine and it has more to do with spark/coil packs then anything. If anyone wants to make some $$ give me a shout in this thread and we can talk shop. Thanks! (the place it needs to get towed from is off scotts lawn, nw of dublin by 12 minutes, from there to go back to westerville road/morse road intersection basically.)

Also if anyone has a compression test that they could hook up to my car for me id pay for that as well, slide some bucks into someone's pockets because i don't really need one for myself.

Lemme know conditions etc etc you'd want to tow it for.

does it have oil in it?

i have a normal compression tester, you don't NEED a rotary tester.

just make sure you get three even bounces on each rotor.

if you are good you don't even need a compression tester, if you hold your hand , or hell just listen for 3 even bounces of air comming out of the spark plug hole.

if you are real good i heard you can also pick out six distinct bounces out the exhaust....

meh no exhaust currently. And it's hard for me to get the car to do stuff to it since it's at joes house thus me wanting to get it here so i can at least try some things with it now. If you'd be willing to go up there with me id like to use the normal one if we could to see what we get at least so id know, i have no ride that's functioning, my rx-7 is down and my 240 is down too so id pay for your gas to get there and back and like a bite to eat or something. Give me a shout.

T.c.

i personally can't tonight i'm on campus at a friends house getting ready to go to dinner and then i got plans with a lady for tonight.

tomorrow i have to study for my midterm on Monday.

maybe if your car is still up there thursday or friday of next week i might have some time to look at it.

Originally posted by RX7dood:

i personally can't tonight i'm on campus at a friends house getting ready to go to dinner and then i got plans with a lady for tonight.

tomorrow i have to study for my midterm on Monday.

maybe if your car is still up there thursday or friday of next week i might have some time to look at it.

Whats his name

I've tested more than one RX7 for compression with the finger method. It really works well, the apex seals will not push any air out if they're blown, and will kinda suck your finger into the hole.

Oh and the coil packs can be checked by just taking the spark plugs off and seeing if there is a nice arc, just be careful not to get shocked!

thanks nathan, ill try that finger method now then, put some oil and some "mystery" fluid in it too lol. so should see what comes of it here soon. And Evan I may, depends on a few things. If so pm me your info again so I can call you and talk shop :D .

T.c.