Bad weather = Good AWD!

Maro

That big winter storm that came through Ohio just before Christmas really screwed up the roads, as you all know.

Well, it took me ~10 hours to get from Columbus to Indianapolis (normally a 3 hour trip) and parts of I-70 were closed.

This is a photo of I-70 just north of Dayton to show you how bad it was (and this photo doesn't really convey the condition of the roads)... looked like a 3rd world country... cars abandoned all over the place, poor road conditions, no lights, etc.

Oh... and that is three lanes wide in this photo!

http://www.wideopenwest.com/~mccorry/images/misc/I-70.jpg

I was really pleased with how the Subaru did. I couldn't believe what this car would drive through without getting stuck! graemlins/thumb.gif

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

I'm so pleased my 4WD Jimmy decided to grenade its motor right before the snow hit. :rolleyes: This WOULD have been my first winter ever with 4WD.....looks like another RWD winter for me again.

What are you bitching about? I like it. :D

Guest Harris92
Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

I'm so pleased my 4WD Jimmy decided to grenade its motor right before the snow hit. :rolleyes: This WOULD have been my first winter ever with 4WD.....looks like another RWD winter for me again.

I can relate my car has been down since November, and I was really looking forward to this winter with the awd.

Guest tbirdchick

love the awd too, this is my first time i've had it, and i thought i would miss the rwd world but you know with the awd donuts in the rain and snow make up for it.

Maro- hows that subie going for ya, im really starting to like them legacy gt's im a big fan of the WRX's.