Fastest imports in the area???

HybridMT

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Race rules for this stupid show

But for a quick rundown of the classes:

FWD QUICK 8 HEADS UP: 4-banger FWD only. No rotary or air-cooled setups, must be of OE origin in US or abroad. Means Honda boys can't even run a Dart block. :rolleyes:

STREET CLASS QUICK 8 HEADS UP: Any 4 or 6 banger, 2 or 3 rotor, stock-style driveline, any power adder, DOT tires. A GTP may or may not be allowed in this class, since the retards can't make a clear ruling for it. The best they give is some examples: "Examples of bodies acceptable for competition: Any Import car body, Focus, Cavalier, Sunfire, Neon, and other similar bodies." If that's the case, than a guy w/ a full-bodied import wouldn't be allowed to run either (say, Lexus IS300 owner), but you know that's not the case.

ALL MOTOR QUICK 4 HEADS UP: N/A only, 4,5,6 cylinder or 2/3 rotor motors only. Domestics have to be 4 bangers only (wow, that's sure fair). Guess you can't run a 3 banger metro in this class. :rolleyes: Same body restrictions as above

BRACKET CLASSES: All FWD/AWD domestics could run in this class, no RWD domestics. Only import motorcycles allowed.

Lame.

The race rules for this event are similar to EVERY other santioned Import event (NHRA, NDRA, BOTI, IDRC, etc.).

This is time to put up or shut up. Every shop and everybody that has a fast import needs to show up and support this race so we can have more Ohio races in the future. It doesn't matter if your car runs 10's or it runs 19's, there is a class to race in and win money or a trophy, but most of all support import racing. Not showing up because of the ricers or because you think the rules are unfair is not a valid excuse.

Originally posted by steve:

you posted this on the wrong site, but if this was a domestic event with the same exact rules everyone would be all down for it :rolleyes:

Cry me a fucking river. There are TONS of imports on this site, nice fucking try. Sorry if most of the fast cars here are domestics; go to the track, most of the fast cars at the track also happen to be domestics.

BTW, ever hit those high 13's you said your car was capable of 2 years ago. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by HybridMT:

This is time to put up or shut up. Every shop and everybody that has a fast import needs to show up and support this race so we can have more Ohio races in the future.

If it's put up or shut up then why do they have to have gay rules on what can and can't race. Why can't there just be a "car" event instead of this gay import shit that has to be separated. Everyone should race eachother no matter where their car was built.

Not showing up because of the ricers or because you think the rules are unfair is not a valid excuse.
Actually that's a perfectly legit reason not to attend, so shut the fuck up.

[ 24. July 2005, 11:05 PM: Message edited by: Mallard ]

Originally posted by Mallard:

why do they have to have gay rules on what can and can't race. Why can't there just be a "car" event instead of this gay import shit that has to be separated. Everyone should race eachother no matter where their car was built.

Someone fill this guy in on the fact that ALL racing events (import or domestic) have rules in order to level playing fields and keep competitions close... Nevermind, I pretty much just explained it right there. Hopefully he'll understand.

I know there are rules to 'level the playing field' but forcibly restricting cars from entering because of where their parent company is located is about the gayest thing ever. When I go to an event I want to see the best of the best go against each other. The rules posted for the "ALL MOTOR QUICK 4 HEADS UP" class are obviously handicapping certain cars. Give me street classes of 4, 6, and 8 cylinders, drag classes of the same, and an unlimited class. Then I may be interested in watching some actual competition.

/\ You need to do some research on drag competition. This event and ALL other Import/Sport Compact events do not restrict cars on make and model. GM, Ford, Dodge... all can compete in these races as long as their engine, drivetrain, etc are within the proper guide lines. Read the rules on these events or experience them first hand before jumping on the "this is gay" Eracer bandwagon.

I'll just paste my response from ColDSM since you signed up there too to promote this stupid thing too.

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by GSRcaucAZN78

Just spreading the news... If there are any fast DSMs here, be sure and enter Street Class Quick 8 - $600 to first, $200 to second.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I put a fake fart can on the back of my car, then will you let me run? :rolleyes:

/\ You need to do some research on drag competition. This event and ALL other Import/Sport Compact events do not restrict cars on make and model. GM, Ford, Dodge... all can compete in these races as long as their engine, drivetrain, etc are within the proper guide lines. Read the rules on these events or experience them first hand before jumping on the "this is gay" Eracer bandwagon.

Oh man, you're right. I don't know anything about drag competition.

ALL MOTOR QUICK 4 HEADS UP: N/A only, 4,5,6 cylinder or 2/3 rotor motors only. Domestics have to be 4 bangers only
Wow, I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for that Pontiac Sunfire vs Nissan 350Z race. Or maybe the Sunfire vs. new Eclipse for some FWD v. FWD action. Way to level the playing field. :rolleyes:

I'm not jumping on any 'e-racer bandwagon.' The rules and the events themselves are stupid and I will never attend. I had my mind made up long before you posted this. I think NOPI Tunervision helped me make up my mind. You have 27 posts on here and they're all promoting this stupid event and making condecending remarks to people that don't see it your way. Just go away and forget about it.

[ 25. July 2005, 07:52 AM: Message edited by: Mallard ]

If there's ever a legit suggestion or complaint, we'll gladly consider making changes. Just saying, "gay" or "lame" is nothing for us to act on. As for allowing V6 and V8 Domestic RWDs in the all motor class at a sport compact event?... Thank you for the suggestion, we'll consider it for future events.

If there's ever a legit suggestion or complaint, we'll gladly consider making changes. Just saying, "gay" or "lame" is nothing for us to act on. As for allowing V6 and V8 Domestic RWDs in the all motor class at a sport compact event?... Thank you for the suggestion, we'll consider it for future events.

so if it is sport compact, why call it "import"?

if you call it import meet, why allow caviliers, focuses? or why NOT alow v-8 or RWD "imports"

why cant a 240 run with the civics they are about the same size?

Now that you call it sport compact, why allow civics other than Si, heaven knows a DX with a fart cannon and $3000 worth of stereo/video stuff is NOT sport. is an accord sport compact? if so why not allpw a GTP, it's FWD and the same size as an accord.