Mach One at trails

DKilbourne

Actually my brother does know what he is talking about. Mach 1's do run very well, it is not all about HP. A lot of other things come into play when it comes to drag racing, like getting the power to the ground and the drivers ability to put the car to its full potential. What good is all of the horsepower - if you arent hooking up its worthless. By the way the fastest stock times I have seen is Mach 1-12.89 03 Cobra 12.43. That is good air good track great driver.

Originally posted by 2000silvergtp:

Wigsite - Just because I drive a pontiac dosen't mean I don't know anything about cars!! Why are you on this board??

+1

300hp is plenty of hp to get a car the weight of the Mach into the 12s. I had the pleasure of watching a certain Bob Cosby take a 99 Cobra into the 11s with less than 400hp. Explain that.

Guest General
NMRA Factory Stock guys running Mach 1's are using full exhaust, 4.30 gears and a chip with some suspension work, and not much else, and going low 12's

Yeah last year at Mod Motor Shootout I saw a Mach 1 go 11.91-Full exhaust, 4:30 gear,Et streets, a little supension and a power tune. They can be very quick cars if you do the right work to them and know how to drive them.

Originally posted by wigsite:

A stock Cobra might run that but not a stock Mach 1. They are rated at 305 hp vs 265 hp for a regular GT which runs low 14's. Drag radials aren't going to take off a second and a half.

I believe they will do that. Mine bone stock went 13.23@107.93 on radials with a 2.02 60'. Now with an an x-pipe, flowmasters and the headlight pulled (more air into the airbox) I went 13.00@109.93 with a 2.05 60' on stock gatorbacks. So if you still have doubts come run me, I'd be glad to show you what a basically stock mach can do.

Originally posted by Special Projects:

Mach 1's r slow they r just a typical Ford. i have a chevette with a smallblock, now that's FAST

Whooptie-fucking-doo.

Do you have anything constructive to add, or are you just another attention-craving whore? :rolleyes:

Guest wigsite
Originally posted by Special Projects:

Mach 1's r slow they r just a typical Ford. i have a chevette with a smallblock, now that's FAST

You probably have a mullet too.

those mach's are quick... I saw my b/f QWK90GT and the other mach that went 12.88 both do what they have said and many others on here have seen it too. If thats all too slow for you I have a 98 gt you can line up with since what, there only rated to what like 198 to the wheels... LOL Plus Im a girl means I cant drive or handle a fast car...lol :) (have to add in the poo talking some...LOL)

Guest Special Projects
Originally posted by Will race for fuel:

Whooptie-fucking-doo.

Do you have anything constructive to add, or are you just another attention-craving whore? :rolleyes:

Jesus Christ dude, It was just a bit of humor...chill out..your gonna stress yourself right to a stroke or something. smile.gif

Originally posted by wigsite:

A stock Cobra might run that but not a stock Mach 1. They are rated at 305 hp vs 265 hp for a regular GT which runs low 14's. Drag radials aren't going to take off a second and a half.

personally raced a showroom stock 01 gt, he ran 13.7x@101 factory down to the air filter, anyone who is a half decent driver can get a 99+ gt into 13's.