wanna be pissed check this out

cmoosego

I like loud pipes, but wouldn't go as far as to say that they save lives. Like stated before, the only way they would save lives is if you turned 'em around to point forward.

My pipes are kinda loud because I have a full Hindle system. They are on it for some extra HP, volume is just a pleasant side effect as the V-4 makes beautiful music. Tuning them correctly to achieve that extra HP has become my folly. I try not to be obnoxious with it, but I would rather ride behind the guy with loud pipes than the good 'ol boy in the turned up diesel truck putting out the smoke screen from the 5 inch pipe.

Now quit the :flingpoo:. We all ride what we like and that is cool. Live and let live and be glad that the motorcycle Gods have given us so many choices. Never before has there been so many different bikes manufactured and I for one am thankful.

As has been repeated many times on this forum,"Its not what you ride, its that you ride". Am I wrong?:dunno:

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey zerocrash is the fz1 considered a supersport. or a sporttour. stock the come with a more neutral seeting position.

The FZ is considered a standard or naked bike. It's got a slightly detuned R1 motor, (150 hp) no lowers or clip ons, and a much more upright seating position. I didn't like it at first (coming off a CBR1000RR) but its really grown on me now and I love it

Now quit the :flingpoo:. We all ride what we like and that is cool. Live and let live and be glad that the motorcycle Gods have given us so many choices. Never before has there been so many different bikes manufactured and I for one am thankful.

As has been repeated many times on this forum,"Its not what you ride, its that you ride". Am I wrong?:dunno:

Not wrong at all. Think of it like a sports team, if you're an OSU fan and some of you're friends are Michigan fans, aren't you gonna give each other some shit?

If we all liked and rode the same thing the world be pretty boring, plus we would run out of shit to talk about pretty quickly ;)

I am going to log off and be patriotic up and down high street, If you hear me revving dont forget to salute me

:lol:

That's funny. :lol:

Yeah, motorcycles have nothing to do with war veterans by the way. Walking around in peace paying respect is "paying respect". Not riding by on loud chrome. :nono:

:lol:

That's funny. :lol:

Yeah, motorcycles have nothing to do with war veterans by the way. Walking around in peace paying respect is "paying respect". Not riding by on loud chrome. :nono:

+1/2

Riding by on loud chrome isn't "necessarily" paying respect...but it is awefully convenient isn't it? "I'm going to do something I love to do anyway, only this time I'm doing it for the veterens".

excuse me while I go eat ice cream for the veterens...

+1/2

Riding by on loud chrome isn't "necessarily" paying respect...but it is awefully convenient isn't it? "I'm going to do something I love to do anyway, only this time I'm doing it for the veterens".

excuse me while I go eat ice cream for the veterens...

I'm drinking my morning coffee for the veterans.

I'm going to a retirement at the base this afternoon and the retirement party with a bunch of other veterans tomorrow. So I'll make sure we are playing corn hole for the veterans, BBQing for the veterans, and drinking lots for the veterans.

Like I said , I was beside myself because of what this guy wrote in the chicago tribune, acting as if his way of remembering or honoring was superior to those of us who chose to honor in a different way. Acting as if we who ride shouldn't be able to express ourselves in this passion we all share. I agree that maybe a different holiday might be a better setting to demonstrate, but you have to admit this, it puts into our thoughts and actions that we need to do more not less. Speak out for those who gave all and some. The VA not only needs to take care of our new Vets but the past vets and their families who also gave the ultimate sacrifice. I think we need to honor them, but don't just stop at honoring. Go beyond.

And this is from a former infantryman proud to have served with and for these men and women I am proud to call brother and sister.

Again I say you guys are missing the point, it's not what you do, it's how you do it. If you really wanna help the vets, volunteer at the VA. Actually get your hands dirty before you go slamming others for the way they honor the Vets. And I can say this because I do volunteer at the VA and I ride in the Thunder Rally and I ride A CRUISER! So I suggest you all put your money where your mouth is....... MAN UP and DO SOMETHING that HELPS!!!! Otherwise shut the hell up!

Again I say you guys are missing the point, it's not what you do, it's how you do it.

Are you sure you aren't missing OUR point?

And I can say this because I do volunteer at the VA

That Helps...

and I ride in the Thunder Rally

That DOESN'T help...

it IS about what you do...AND how you do it...

Again I say you guys are missing the point, it's not what you do, it's how you do it. If you really wanna help the vets, volunteer at the VA. Actually get your hands dirty before you go slamming others for the way they honor the Vets. And I can say this because I do volunteer at the VA and I ride in the Thunder Rally and I ride A CRUISER! So I suggest you all put your money where your mouth is....... MAN UP and DO SOMETHING that HELPS!!!! Otherwise shut the hell up!

maybe the wife of a fallen soldier just wants to visit her husbands grave and be alone with her thoughts. Instead she HAS to listen to thousands of bikers revving their bike over and over again. Lets cut the shit, 99% of harley riders constantly rev their bikes over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over (I bet that is fucking annoying to read, I bet it is even more annoying to listen to)

maybe we can all ride to a cemetary and rev nonstop so that the persons in morning can appreciate it.

maybe all of the participants of the thunder rally could donate the money that they would have spent on gas and start a fund that helps the families that lost husband/wife, they could even montor the children, that might help

ok, I give up , first of all the rally doesn't only go past arlington national, it goes throughout DC and the purpose is to raise awareness of the situations involving our vets, the money collected during the rally is given to the vets families, and while I admit that some (very few actually) just go to ride, the majority of riders are there because they either are or have a family member who is a vet. AND SOME EVEN RIDE SPORT BIKES! Now, while I freely admit that there are assholes among the riders the MAJORITY of the riders have nothing but the ULTIMATE respect for VETERANS and their families. I am one of those. Just as I respect YOUR Views. I just don't think it's fair to judge a whole group based on the actions of a few jackasses. Just like you all don't like to be judged solely on the fact that you ride a sport bike, because everyone has seen the videos of the jackass things that some do on them, nor would I assume you all were total morons because you ride sport bikes. So, therefore, I am agreeing that we disagree.

I am not a Vet but would have if given the chance. I will have to say If you tell someone to shut off their motorcycle because it is too loud because you are disturbing them while they are walking around DC looking at the memorials then you sir should check yourself and pray to god that those men served so that you could stand there and make an ass of yourself over something that is so inconsequential. I dont think they were sitting in the landing craft with bombs bursting in air and saying damn those Germans... I wish they would stop doing that so I can pray for my life and safety without being disturbed!

I am living proof that there is a rotten apple in every bunch and Its time to get over it. Sorry about the drunk guy. :rolleyes:

Ok Yeah there are some better things they could do to help, But in this perspective this is how they feel that that is very respectful. We put on bike runs for fallen bikers. I would much rather see them put on a bike run then see them do a reinactment. To me Motorcycles? or a bunch of guys who are angry at the government for sending our troops over for a pointless war carrying machine guns and driving tanks? (well that would be pretty cool now that I think about it) Would you guys rather have a civil display or middle east display of feelings?

Even for those who haven't been to the Rolling Thunder site or read anything about it probably assume it was started by a vet or his family. I don't think anyone would assume it was some random Harley guy with loud pipes and a dream.

If you read back in the thread I think you'll get the point of the debate against it, but I won't hold my breath.

You would have made more of a difference by donating all the money you spent on travel, lodging, food, gas, bike wear-and-tear...then the few dollars they get off a t-shirt and pin.