Stupid rain = no Springnationals

SHIEF

I'm crossing my fingers that it'll hold out at least part of tomorrow.

I've been there with bad weather and it'll rain for an hour, they'll take an hour to dry track and then they'll race for an hour...rinse and repeat...

I think I can get free tickets if not for Sat. So if Fridays tickets are still good and I get another set for Sat. I'll hook someone up for Sat. tickets for free smile.gif I really want to watch them run at night so hopefully they will still run at night on Sat.

I will be down Sunday. Look for a TCCoA shit wandering around. Was wanting to go Saturday but I dont think that will happen. It better not friggen Rain Sunday. With all this rain it will be a tuners war with the clutchs. Should be a good race. Hopefully someone other then anderson will win pro stock.

Later,

jay

well if you didnt go tonight (friday night) you missed out. it turned out to be a great night. it was a light rain until about 4ish and then cleared up and they all ran and qualified twice. awesome cars and a great show.

Originally posted by still2high:

well if you didnt go tonight (friday night) you missed out. it turned out to be a great night. it was a light rain until about 4ish and then cleared up and they all ran and qualified twice. awesome cars and a great show.

+1 .... Track records set for (if I recall correctly):

Bike ET

Funny car ET

Top Fuel MPH

Top Fuel ET

Saturday was great. After the hour rain and the power outage, it was nice and cool with a little breeze.

What was with all the bike accidents? They showed a replay of one from Friday, and then there were two more almost back to back on Saturday. People were falling off bikes left and right after the finish line...

Guest Bottlefed70
Yeah the races were badass this weekend. At least the finals were real good. Cant believe force red lit. But at least Karen Stoffer fell of her bike....but shes kinda hot. Found out Angelle Savoie's husband beat her real bad over the winter time and is now in prison for attempted muder and abuse.

Sunday was good, would have been better if Tony would have won. At least he took the points lead! It was very pleasing to see Bernstein to lose in the first round! And to see Dixon in the kitty litter throwing a fit after his chute ripped off at 320mph and the other didn't open!!

The old school drags were very cool, I saw a few of those, the driver used to sit with the Differential BETWEEN HIS THIGHS! No way would I put a 1000-1200 horsepower motor in front of me and then stradle the diff with my nuts! Hats off to the oldtimes for haveing a lot of courage to do that!

I went Sunday, The final in Funny car wa awesome to say the least. It great watching both drivers have to pedal it at the top end of the track. Top Fuel final was awesome also. I was impressed at the 4.56 @ 326 in the heat.