SILLY RICER WANTS TO PUT EURO TAG ON JAP CAR

Guest GCRdBlk

Guest GCRdBlk

Traveled to Germany last summer, was given one of the plates from there as a gift. If you dont know, their plates are the long rectangular ones.

I thought it was pretty cool and would like to display it on my car.

I've seen a black Civic around town (Grove City)and a BMW with one too and was curious on how he/she had it attached to their car.

Any ideas, without possibly damaging the body?

~Edited the title back, as close to the original as possible~

[ 12. June 2004, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: Jooomer ]

Guest GCRdBlk

Good question.

Passed this guys many times with the plate on his. I didnt mention that he did have the OH plates on there too, the foreign ones just above.

I dont see how that wouldnt be legal.

Anybody know?

Guest GCRdBlk

True.

But if you were pulled over, why would a cop read the foreign plate number instead of the OH ones, unless he is just a dumba$$ .There is a CLEAR difference.

My point in finding out, is I dont want to end up modifying the body of my car to put this plate on then having to take it right back off.

Originally posted by Ricochet:

I posted the legality question and never really got a square answer. Personally I don't think it would be legal, but if a cop pulled you over and it read the same number as the rear one I don't think it would be a big deal unless he's a dick..

Yeah it would, you have to use state issued plates, why do you think they issue them?

Guest GCRdBlk

I didnt really say it, i didnt really think i had too.... but I would have the state issued plates on there.

putting the foreign ones on ALSO being legal is the question.

Originally posted by GCMITS00:

I didnt really say it, i didnt really think i had too.... but I would have the state issued plates on there.

putting the foreign ones on ALSO being legal is the question.

i wouldnt see why it would be illegal if you have your real plates on there along with the other ones

Guest GCRdBlk
Went up there to renew my plates this morning, asked the lady (she was a b*tch to begin with) what she thought, and she said as long as state issued plates were on there, and you had everything you need to drive the car legally, she couldnt see why the german plates would be a problem. She mentioned it being just another "decoration" on a car like a bumper sticker or decals on a car.

Went up there to renew my plates this morning, asked the lady (she was a b*tch to begin with) what she thought, and she said as long as state issued plates were on there, and you had everything you need to drive the car legally, she couldnt see why the german plates would be a problem. She mentioned it being just another "decoration" on a car like a bumper sticker or decals on a car.

But your car is Japanese :confused:

Guest GCRdBlk

thanks, i know. if i wanted the japanese plates on it, I would put those one there.

I just wanted to know if there was a way to attach it without damaging my car

thanks, i know. if i wanted the japanese plates on it, I would put those one there.

I just wanted to know if there was a way to attach it without damaging my car

Yes, there is. Don't do it. redface.gif