91 crx

Guest BrandonMc

I don't know a ton about Hondas, but for everything I've read, seen, and heard, I really like the ZC engines for that car. Especially if you are going to boost it. IIRC, they can handle about 12# stock. That engine was put in the CRX overseas, so it should be a direct drop in, and they are relatively cheap.

Probably not the best engine for spray or n/a if you are wanting a monster though, just not that big of an engine. Once the Honda gurus get in here, it might be useful for them to know what you plan to do with the car and what your goals are.

Guest BrandonMc
Originally posted by Neo:

I don't know a ton about Hondas, but for everything I've read, seen, and heard, I really like the ZC engines for that car. Especially if you are going to boost it. IIRC, they can handle about 12# stock. That engine was put in the CRX overseas, so it should be a direct drop in, and they are relatively cheap.

Probably not the best engine for spray or n/a if you are wanting a monster though, just not that big of an engine. Once the Honda gurus get in here, it might be useful for them to know what you plan to do with the car and what your goals are.

im wanting a monster of a engine that will be capable of turbo and NO2 but with enough excel to get of the line quickly any tips will be greatly appriciated. im new to cars really i kno ver minimum so im trying to learn as much as i can with this being my 1st car

Guest doggunracing

B18 is probably the best bet for more low-end than a B16 or D-anything, and doesn't have the clearance problems of the H22. H22 for all-out drag car though. Either of these is going to be a good bit of work and money, including engine mounts, shift linkages, custom axles... and that's before you even touch the turbo stuff.

You're looking at 5K just for parts, and it doesn't sound like you are up to doing this work yourself. Figure another 2K for shop work or get some experienced friends. You might just want to rebuild and turbo the d-series, there are some making good power for relatively cheap here: Homemade Turbo

Start here: http://www.honda-tech.com/zeroforum?id=18

That will keep you busy for weeks. Read as much as you can stomach.

Guest BrandonMc
Originally posted by doggunracing:

B18 is probably the best bet for more low-end than a B16 or D-anything, and doesn't have the clearance problems of the H22. H22 for all-out drag car though. Either of these is going to be a good bit of work and money, including engine mounts, shift linkages, custom axles... and that's before you even touch the turbo stuff.

You're looking at 5K just for parts, and it doesn't sound like you are up to doing this work yourself. Figure another 2K for shop work or get some experienced friends. You might just want to rebuild and turbo the d-series, there are some making good power for relatively cheap here: Homemade Turbo

Start here: http://www.honda-tech.com/zeroforum?id=18

That will keep you busy for weeks. Read as much as you can stomach.

thanx yea i dont have 5k to spend at the moment but thats all good to know because im getting into some serious money this summer and hoping that i could do al this then, i have friends who could help put the motor in but i will probally send it to a shop but thanx its good knowledge to have

Guest BrandonMc
Originally posted by Republicant:

If this is your first car, you may want to stick with suspension mods and light power adders, because learning to drive in a monster of a car isn't good. You're going to wreck your first car, period. Good luck, though. smile.gif

yes this is my 1st car but i can already drive i learned to drive when i was like 12 but thank you for looking out.

Guest BrandonMc
Originally posted by Skidmark:

You can't just ask "what's the best engine for my Honda" without any goals.. You can easily swap any Integra or Civic engine from 1988-2000, but some setups are best for a dragstrip, best for a daily driver, and best for autocrossing.. I'm guessing this is your daily driver though. How much money do you have? Details man.. details.

If you have no goals and don't know shit about any of the engines available, check www.hmotorsonline.com or www.inlinefour.com for engine specifics, and www.ha-sport.com for installation part pricing.

Check this thread too http://www.columbusracing.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=19&t=002742#000000

srry skid umm money rele newhere from 2k to 5k in the end umm hoping for drag. thanx for the links definitly will be looking those up

http://www.columbusracing.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=29;t=000789

Cheap and easy. if you already have a CRX you could just unload it for a grand or so, buy this one and your halfway there already. depending on if you piece together your own turbo kit it would cost anywhere from 1000 and 1800$ i've heard of someone fabricating the cheapest turbo kit possible for around 800, i can't verify this though.

Guest Jonnygts
Originally posted by Republicant:

If this is your first car, you may want to stick with suspension mods and light power adders, because learning to drive in a monster of a car isn't good. You're going to wreck your first car, period. Good luck, though. smile.gif

I didnt.