Anybody remember the '03 Cobra motor on ebay back in June '02?

Boost-n-Juice

...we thought it was fishy, seeing how the '03 had not come out yet and Ford was struggling to produce enough of the hand built 281's to meet the production deadline. The ebay guy had like no feedback and he said "Don't ask where I got it, because I will not tell"

Remember that?...

Well, on the front page of 5.0 Mustang Super Fords this month is '95 GT and it says " Packing '03 Cobra power since 2002". Hmmmmm, I immediately thought of that auction and sure enough, the guy got it from ebay and he quoted what the seller said, "Don't ask, because I wont tell". He got the motor complete from intake to clutch for $6,100...FMS sales these for $12,000 :eek:

They are easy to get ahold of you know people. We had a couple of the Gen V M90 series III 3800 motors about 6-8 months before anyone else, and about 10 months before the cars came out. ;)

Originally posted by BC:

...we thought it was fishy, seeing how the '03 had not come out yet and Ford was struggling to produce enough of the hand built 281's to meet the production deadline. The ebay guy had like no feedback and he said "Don't ask where I got it, because I will not tell"

Remember that?...

Well, on the front page of 5.0 Mustang Super Fords this month is '95 GT and it says " Packing '03 Cobra power since 2002". Hmmmmm, I immediately thought of that auction and sure enough, the guy got it from ebay and he quoted what the seller said, "Don't ask, because I wont tell". He got the motor complete from intake to clutch for $6,100...FMS sales these for $12,000 :eek:

This proves that not everyone on ebay is a scammer too. tongue.gif

Tom

Originally posted by Jooomer:

They are easy to get ahold of you know people. We had a couple of the Gen V M90 series III 3800 motors about 6-8 months before anyone else, and about 10 months before the cars came out. ;)

Yeah, but the 03 cobra motors are actualy desirable power plants tongue.gif

My guess, it "fell off a truck" some where.

Originally posted by Driver:

Yeah, but the 03 cobra motors are actualy desirable power plants tongue.gif

My guess, it "fell off a truck" some where.

So are the 3800's. VERY popular in boats. There are several out there making well over 650HP with our parts. :D

Guest nevarmore

I think its a really good sign for the car company if people are going out of thier way to 'acquire' a car/motor/part before it hits the shelves. They get that kind of attention and popularity for very little money because the car mags all reprint the press releases and thier stuff is leghumped for months on the internet.

So are the 3800's. VERY popular in boats. There are several out there making well over 650HP with our parts. :D

Well sure, a boat that powerful has to have a nice heavy anchor to slow it down!! :D ZING!!!

From a boater, I wouldnt want a 3.8 in anything on the water. I havent heard a thing about any boats with it, send me some links if you have them.

Originally posted by HIgh Risk:

From a boater, I wouldnt want a 3.8 in anything on the water. I havent heard a thing about any boats with it, send me some links if you have them.

Not in the USA, in Australia and New Zealand. People in the US don't have respect for a rock-solid motor capable of making gobs of power. tongue.gif

Jet sprint boats?

No idea, just know we have several race teams in AU and NZ that we are in contact with and that have bought lots of our stuff. One team is getting ready to roll out a turbo boat that should be near 1000HP. The other teams are still on a STOCK M90 blower making that power! :eek:

Get me some info if you can, my boat is in need of new power after today.

I've been on one of the teams to send me pics and info. Of course we know all about the motor, cause it's our shit. But I wanna see the boat. smile.gif

The 03 Cobras were on the streets and in owner's hands in May of 02. I got mine early June 02 even having had waited thru 3 delays and one dealer change to get one. It was for all purposes an 02 model, Ford just called it an 03 because they didn't want to go thru all the CAFE and noise shit twice in one fiscal year(separated by only one quarter). There was never a shortage on the engines, the biggest production delay about that time resulted from a bad batch of hoods from one of the subcontractors.

Not in the USA, in Australia and New Zealand. People in the US don't have respect for a rock-solid motor capable of making gobs of power. tongue.gif

Please explain to these non believers the RPM's those motors are capible of. I have seen several of these boats, running modded bike tadhs that go to 14K due to the fact that the standard 11K autometer tach does not go high enough.