Spotted: Badass red NSX

tandm

Sorry I couldn't get pics. This thing was very nice. Lisence plate said HNDA PWR. Looks like it may have been lowered with an aftermarket body kit. Looked like some very nice deep dish wheels as well. Anybody know who it is? Very impressive car graemlins/thumb.gif

Originally posted by MadMalibu:

It ran consistant 14.1-14.3. Way to slow for 80k.

People don't buy an NSX to take it drag racing. graemlins/wtf.gif It's great for road course, etc.... smile.gif

Originally posted by Wease:

People don't buy an NSX to take it drag racing. graemlins/wtf.gif It's great for road course, etc.... smile.gif

Ding Ding Ding!

Albeit, I still don't think its worth anywhere near 80K :eek:

Road-racing is its purpose, not drag racing.

Albeit that twin turbo one would have faired much better.

Guest Fast_Porsche993
NSX's are indeed sweeter'n hell but way to slow for their price tag. I mean whats the horsepower numbers on those? 260? They should up the displacement, add a turbo model, and go on a further diet. Then maybe we will see them beating ferraris and lambos.

Originally posted by Nick GT:

If you had any idea what zach paid for the Red NSX thats been to the thrift store, you'd die.

Put it this way, its a 4 figure number.

And I can pick one of these up where? ;):D

You can get a pretty decent used NSX in the 20s to 30s. Not bad for an "exotic" mid-engined car. It has plenty of power, but is not stupid fast. Like Wease said, they are best for road racing, but also for looking pimp.

The only thing that sucks is the service costs. A friend of mine just bought 91 NSX and he's been looking at service costs (just for fun): $21,000 for an engine and $900 for the alternator! :eek: I thought my RX-7 was expensive to mod!

Guest Tony_K

Consider when the NSX came out - what, 1991 or so?

Back then, it undercut the 348 and Esprit in price, offered similar performance (speed and handling), and was not a reliability/quality/maintenance nightmare like the european exotics. The NSX was an exotic you could drive every day. Ferrari performance with Honda reliability and lower price = handed Europe its ass on a platter.

The NSX was so often praised for handling "just like a race car." The biggest gripe the press could find with the NSX was "it lacks soul." :rolleyes:

smile.gif Cheers,

Tony

Guest Tony_K
Originally posted by Bananular:

21k?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Ha. haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Stealerships = The Suck. you can get a rediculous crate motor for 21k.

No reason for an alternator to cost that much, either.