96 toyota corolla question.. Please help my roomie!

Guest tbirdchick

Guest tbirdchick

she said that the tech told her, that the master carb was flushed out and replaced and he told her that it was going to cost over 150 bucks.

oh btw she just told me a description of what the part was, and i think she means caliper *banging head against a rock*

the problem with the car:

when she pushed on the throttle the engine reved but the vehicle wouldn't move, so im guessing the tech meant "master caliper"? and flushing im guessing she means the break lines. so if she pushes throttle in and the car doesn't budge or jolt in reverse nor drive. would a bad caliper cause the car to act this way? sorry if it sounds like a dumb chick description. my roomie knows nothing about cars what so ever. so bare with me please.

thanks

[ 11. January 2005, 06:48 PM: Message edited by: Tsi Chick ]

Guest tbirdchick
ok, that's what i told, her, so i ended up having to draw her a picture to show her what went bad and had to be replaced, good thing i had art classes since high school smile.gif

Yes and no...pushing though... if you are up to speed and it is only one caliper it will pull very hard to the one side, both and it will stop you evenly. if you are standing still and try to go when it is stuck then i doubt it will get going, and dont try to....pump the brakes alot see if it frees up. If it doesnt free up it isnt worth grinding up the rotors to.

have a nice day!

Guest tbirdchick
that's the problem she is, but they don't know their ass from a hole in the ground, and keep making up stuff that's wrong with it, to get money. i told her to take it to a dealer.

Guest tbirdchick
i just spoke with her, her dad already had them fix what ever it is they said was wrong with it, he's one of those ppl who have money and don't care they just want it fixed. it's in chillicothe. i guess she said so far it's ok, but won't ever take it back to that shop.

Guest tbirdchick
i couldn't understand what she was trying to explain so i'll have to read the RO when i get home. she has some brain damage from a bad car accident so her explaining things and so forth get so confusing i have a hard time trying to figure out what she's trying to say.