Truck Rental ???

Jackson1647545504

I need to haul a car about 600 miles total, round trip. Trailer isn't an issue but my small truck won't pull 6000lbs.

This obviously wouldn't be a moving van type of vehicle. Anyone ever rent a truck (F250/GM 2500) or van (Astrovan/econoline) and pull something? Experiences? Costs?

Originally posted by Jackson:

Personally, I don't feel like driving 300 miles each way in a moving van. Being in a F250/GMC2500 or van sounds more appealing.

F250 owns towing.

Originally posted by GonneVille:

Same as the Astro also goes for Chevy trucks(1500-2500), they just don't have the brakes. Does the trailer you are going to use have brakes? If not, you are going to need a 350/3500 in order to stop that kind of weight.

Wrong, my 250 stopped my trailer with my turd of a car on it just fine when I didn't have the brakes hooked up. Hell, the one time I towed my car with the Explorer it stopped it okay without brakes. Not wonderful, but not dangerous if you paid attention and didn't need to make an ultra-panic stop.

Originally posted by Jooomer:

Wrong, my 250 stopped my trailer with my turd of a car on it just fine when I didn't have the brakes hooked up. Hell, the one time I towed my car with the Explorer it stopped it okay without brakes. Not wonderful, but not dangerous if you paid attention and didn't need to make an ultra-panic stop.

werd, my gmas 1500 has worked great towing the camaro, TA and jeep, can't drive a truck and trailer like a car, doesn't matter what you have

Originally posted by Car Enthusiast:

werd, my gmas 1500 has worked great towing the camaro, TA and jeep, can't drive a truck and trailer like a car, doesn't matter what you have

Tow with a 3/4 ton or more and you'll be pleasantly surprised that you can drive it like a car. ;)