La Rue last night

Sam1647545489

Track was the suxor. Traction was no where to be found after 60 or so feet since there was no VHT after that. graemlins/bsflag.gif But anyways, my best E.T. was a sad 11.77. But I had a good trap speed of 127.81MPH. So hopefully next cofba day I can get some traction and run a decent time. Plus the cam will be in the car then too.. graemlins/nod.gif

Originally posted by Ponyfreak.:

Suck tracks own high tq cars...

No they don't. Suspension issues own high torque cars, and Sam also has IRS. I cut 1.6x on a consistant basis whether Norwalk or "Slickwater" on DRs and a stock suspension.

Nice times, Sam. I guess I'll need that LS6 intake now to come get you smile.gif

Times suxored. I think the 11.77 was the best car E.T. there. I had to fight the car down the track as did everyone else. I think that is the last time I go there. PLus I just slipped the clutch. I am sure I could of did better if I would of dumped the clutch. But I had no trailor and wasnt goin to break it there. So Norwalk will be the time to see the true performance of the car.

Nice runs Sam! That's quick no matter what mods you're running. Yeah traction there is non-existant, which is why I decided not to go. I don't plan on giving Marion my $$$ anymore when they refuse to:

1) put down the sticky stuff everyone paid for

2) they need to get RID of that idiot lady announcer too!!!

Norwalk is just the "BEST" / period - bet you'd get down to very low 11's there - :cool:

The idiot lady announcer's husband just died...bill who owned the track. i'm buessing it will get better or the track will die too in the next couple of years. While bill was a family friend and a pretty nice guy he wouldn't spend money on anything. Shelby and Mark, bill's wife and son have said they'll keep the track open and mark used to get into trouble alot for putting down too much glue. anyway, it should start to get better or completely go away.

yeah, i'll totally agree. on saturdays s different guy usually does it...he's a little better, but...anyway, i hope that didn't sound too much like a rant i was just trying to get the word out that the track should be getting better(fingers crossed).

Guest Ponyfreak
Originally posted by Aggressor:

No they don't. Suspension issues own high torque cars, and Sam also has IRS. I cut 1.6x on a consistant basis whether Norwalk or "Slickwater" on DRs and a stock suspension.

Nice times, Sam. I guess I'll need that LS6 intake now to come get you smile.gif

I beg to differ. I have seen stock suspension vettes cut 1.6X short times on DR's and stock suspensions. Multiple Vipers have cut 1.48-1.55's on DR's, while other Vipers have a hard time cutting 1.80's. The difference certainly some has to do with the driver, no doubt, but the biggest difference is the track.

I have seen a couple vipers cut low 1.3's on stock suspension with beefier halfshafts and slicks. There are only a handful of solid axle mustangs, and F bodys that have done any better. With higer tq cars (700+rw) there is no doubt that tracks like Norwalk, or atco, or Englishtown etc, that have a history of supurb track prep, can be as much as .5-1.0 seconds faster than tracks like Edgewater or Tristate on a test and tune night.

I agree with Joe, I think if track would of be prepped better, might have been alot better time. When spraying in 1st, car was all over. I cut 1.7X 60's on my old car with drag radials, stock suspension. I just could not hook. 11.91@128MPH sounds like I was really doin good on the traction side..

Anthony, I think I am making a considerable amount more RWTQ then you, but still it is hard to cut good times with this suspension.