Multiple Line Converters on Stock H/U??

sgtschulze

Real Noob Question but here goes.....

I'm going to install a new set of components, rears and subs with a 4 ch and Mono amps. My question is can I use multiple converters?? Meaning if I use a 4 ch converter, can I pull the sub signal off the same wires??

Well then you won't get the best sound from those components or rears either. You can sacrifice security for shitty sound quality, or have good sound quality and a detachable faceplate headunit. They sell adapters for the steering wheel controls as well, I don't see what you would have against using one for if it meant better SQ.

Originally posted by sgtschulze:

More for "security" reasons. I just don't want to drop a ton of money in a head unit and have to worry about using adapters for the steering controls etc...

\

With the right electronic adapters the steering controls will work like stock...

yes you can have a after market head unit work with the sterring wheel controls. One of the guys on the board used to have that setup. and it worked great but if he lost power to the car (dead battery)he would have to reprogram it. plus there was a small flexible IR cord that has to stick out ro read the signal.if i remember right it cost him a extra $175 or $200 what that stuff runs now i dont know. but to answer your orginal questions yes you can run multiple line adapters you can run one for each channel your radio has (IE one forhte front and one for th rear)