LT1, AWD, S-10.. (ebay)

Buck531

Hmmm, those sure look like F-body accessories on that motor. Which is very odd, since all the info I've gathered says that you have to run Vette accessories w/ an LT1/LS1 in a 2nd Gen S-truck w/ 4WD.

I'd love to pick the builder's brain on this truck. Of course this guy didn't build it, so that's no good. :(

If I could do this w/ my 95 Jimmy using F-body accessories, it might just be doable $$ wise.

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

I'd love to pick the builder's brain on this truck. Of course this guy didn't build it, so that's no good. :(

[THREAD HIJACK]

I have built several V8 s-trucks. If you ever move forward on that kind of project, hit me up. They can be very streetable, and great sleepers.

[/THREAD HIJACK]

Originally posted by NurkVinny:

[THREAD HIJACK]

I have built several V8 s-trucks. If you ever move forward on that kind of project, hit me up. They can be very streetable, and great sleepers.

[/THREAD HIJACK]

The problem is the lack of info for 4WD and Second Gen truck issues. Everything is based around 2WD 1st Gens....there's every bit of information possible out for those.

I want to do an LT1 swap into my Jimmy (since the motor is toast), but it has to be on a big time budget. Since it has to be fuel injected, and I want everything to work like stock, that's where the $$ adds up. It doesn't help that my year of truck has a far less common motor/PCM setup (OBD-II w/ the CPI motor). Looks like this truck was the same way, or had parts off a late 95 or newer S-truck.

Originally posted by Shitaro:

Joe, he used the transfer case out of a '92 Astro Van AWD, that might be how he got away with it... If I was you, I'd just email him and see if he responds.

The T-case isn't the problem, it's the different front suspension on the 4WD/AWD trucks.

Assuming it really has AWD at all...........