anyone work at a car lot?

4DAIVI PAI2K5

I just found out that a friend of a friend is trying to sell his 2000 wrangler sport. 48,000 miles I'm not sure of anymore details on it but if you are interested I can put you in touch with him.

i've had several jeeps, get the L6, stay away from the 4 banger. their junk, but the 6 cylinder will last you forever, I picked up a Cherokee a few months ago just for that reason. I know if I let it sit for 3 years, there's a nuclear holocaust, and it's another 20 years before we can come above ground again, I know that the damn thing will start and run after all that. :D

i've had several jeeps, get the L6, stay away from the 4 banger. their junk, but the 6 cylinder will last you forever, I picked up a Cherokee a few months ago just for that reason. I know if I let it sit for 3 years, there's a nuclear holocaust, and it's another 20 years before we can come above ground again, I know that the damn thing will start and run after all that. :D

+1 I've had both as well...they get roughly the same gas mileage but the I6 actually has some power.

Get a stick if you want anything remotely close to decent gas milage, especially if it's older than 2002, because they had a 3 speed automatic in them. 03 and newer they went to a 4 speed which is a little better. Stick is more fun anyway :)

I don't remember anything specific about the a/c, but a lot of them don't have a/c anyway. Look for a 1997 or newer, (TJ) they are much better than the previous generation. (YJ) The 4.0 liter motor is awesome and will run forever if properly maintained. Look for the leaking from the rear main seal if it has anywhere close to 100k miles on it. If you plan on lifting it, don't get an "X", get a "sport" or special edition model because the X has 3.07 gears and sucks with tires much bigger than stock.

Here's a good source of info - http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/

The 4.0 liter motor is awesome and will run forever if properly maintained.

I think you meant to say they will run for ever with no maintaince. hell I had a 78 CJ-7 with the I6, I thought the oil pump was dying, it had at most 10 psi. So I dropped the pan, replaced the oil pump. always knocked so i grabbed the big end of the rods and shook them... Yeah the best one had over 3/16" of play, the worst was about a quarter inch of play. I buttoned it back up, filled it with 3 quarts of straight 30 weight and 2 quarts of lucas oil :lol: Damn thing ran STRONG for another 8k miles like that untill it was stolen. bastards, I loved that jeep :cry:

I think you meant to say they will run for ever with no maintaince. hell I had a 78 CJ-7 with the I6, I thought the oil pump was dying, it had at most 10 psi. So I dropped the pan, replaced the oil pump. always knocked so i grabbed the big end of the rods and shook them... Yeah the best one had over 3/16" of play, the worst was about a quarter inch of play. I buttoned it back up, filled it with 3 quarts of straight 30 weight and 2 quarts of lucas oil :lol: Damn thing ran STRONG for another 8k miles like that untill it was stolen. bastards, I loved that jeep :cry:

:lol: That's awesome! Yeah you can pretty much just beat the shit out of a jeep and they just keep going. I had a 93 cherokee XJ a couple years ago with 3 inches of lift on 31's and I used to rag the living hell out of that thing and it would just never die. I launched it 3-4 feet in the air several times and the worst that ever happened was blowing a tire and spilling my beer :eek: Had about 150k on it and purred like a kitten. Fuck, now I miss that thing...