Front License Plate Trick

Tulo

Slow Bad (Tony) showed me that, on his dorito several years ago, although he isn't currenty using it due to his current fascia configuration.

You just mount the hinges slightly askew and at about 35 MPH the force of the wind would push it up. Hit the brakes and it will fall back down.

I've seen a video of a guy who had a plate on a cobra that the plate went from stock looking then turned strieght down then slide back into the open area in the bumper cover, when he gets pulled over he flips the switch and it comes back out and seems to be hard mounted.

sorry. but somone could make some money with that idea.

Been doing that for a while w/ my Camaro. Someone once told me that it's still "technically" illegal because it has to be fixed on a non-moving/pivoting location. I got pulled over once for it, but that was because it was flapped up and I didn't realize it. A friend who gave me the idea has been doing it for years w/ no problems.

If you look close in my sig pics you can see the plate under there...

i stopped a guy on cleveland ave one time for no front tag and come to find out he had it rigged so he could pull it up into his grill with a lever from inside the car.

of course i didnt find this out until after i found out he had several warrants for his arrest,was driving without a valid license,and found a pound of weed, a brick of crack cocaine, two skoal containers of powder cocaine and about 175 hits of LSD. never came across anything like that again.

Originally posted by LS1 EATER:

i stopped a guy on cleveland ave one time for no front tag and come to find out he had it rigged so he could pull it up into his grill with a lever from inside the car.

of course i didnt find this out until after i found out he had several warrants for his arrest,was driving without a valid license,and found a pound of weed, a brick of crack cocaine, two skoal containers of powder cocaine and about 175 hits of LSD. never came across anything like that again.

SO most likely if a cop finds out you have this on your car, your car will probably get searched because they are going to think you have something goin on.

Guest nixon
well if your a cop ls1 eater, i'm guessing from your story of pulling someone over.. what would happen with something like this on a car? ticket or fix/it ticket.

Its a decent idea for fooling cameras, but I dont see the practicality (its 3:30 am I dont care about spelling) for around here. The times I was pulled over for no front plate the cop spotted me moving and turned around to come get me.

...They dont shoot the laser at you when you are stopped at a light.

am i making any sense to anyone?